Sign in to follow this  
Drowsy

My betta bowl.

First let me introduce the betta.

This is Cesar. He's a doubletail. He has a little kink right before his tail and is very sassy.

tumblr_mltofkmast1qmdkmlo1_1280.pngtumblr_mltofkmast1qmdkmlo2_1280.png

tumblr_mltofkmast1qmdkmlo3_1280.png

Now his home.

It's a 2.5 gallon bowl. With a small group of red ramshorns.

tumblr_mltouhvVQk1qmdkmlo1_1280.pngtumblr_mltouhvVQk1qmdkmlo2_1280.png

tumblr_mltouhvVQk1qmdkmlo3_1280.pngtumblr_mltouhvVQk1qmdkmlo4_1280.png

tumblr_mltouhvVQk1qmdkmlo5_1280.png

awesome setup! donut is sassy too :rofl

That's very pretty, such a nice looking home! And of course Cesar looks fantastic! :)

Great looking betta and love the bowl.

I love these light colored bettas and the blue and red on yours is lovely,

Ceasar and the bowl look great!!!!

Guest sharpchick

Don't you love planted bowls? Such an interesting challenge to aquascape on a nano scale. And Cesar is a lovely betta.

Wow it looks very nice!

I'd love to have a similar betta bowl set up, but most vases I find are too small or too awkwardly shaped to be able to clean properly. Still, very nice and modern betta bowl! :)

Guest sharpchick

Wow it looks very nice!

I'd love to have a similar betta bowl set up, but most vases I find are too small or too awkwardly shaped to be able to clean properly. Still, very nice and modern betta bowl! :)

I found a really cool bowl at Target. It's really a vase that's 14 inches tall, and 10 inches wide at the widest point - about 6 inches wide at the top. I liked it so much after I planted it, I went back and got another to plant some succulents in.

After putting the dirt with the gravel cap in, and a skinny little piece of driftwood with my plants, it holds just a tad more than 2 1/2 gallons of water. I'm using the little 7.5 Hydor disk heater in it for my betta. It keeps the temp dead on at 78F.

Wow it looks very nice!

I found a really cool bowl at Target. It's really a vase that's 14 inches tall, and 10 inches wide at the widest point - about 6 inches wide at the top. I liked it so much after I planted it, I went back and got another to plant some succulents in.

After putting the dirt with the gravel cap in, and a skinny little piece of driftwood with my plants, it holds just a tad more than 2 1/2 gallons of water. I'm using the little 7.5 Hydor disk heater in it for my betta. It keeps the temp dead on at 78F.

That's awesome! The ones I find always have an extremely small opening :)

Guest sharpchick

Wow it looks very nice!

That's awesome! The ones I find always have an extremely small opening :)

Looks identical to this one, but is a smidge taller...Here's the link: http://www.target.co...qi_detailbutton

That looks pretty good! I'll have to troll around target in a few weeks to look for one :)

Needs a proper 40 litre + tank and proper filtration. :(

in her situation the plants are the filtration , its all in the book the method of planted aquariums by Diane walstad

Once a planted aquarium is established and well planted the plants take care of the ammonia and other stuff in the water :)

Needs a proper 40 litre + tank and proper filtration. :(

in her situation the plants are the filtration , its all in the book the method of planted aquariums by Diane walstad

Once a planted aquarium is established and well planted the plants take care of the ammonia and other stuff in the water :)

I like it :) ill have to look up the book

Don't you love planted bowls? Such an interesting challenge to aquascape on a nano scale. And Cesar is a lovely betta.

I'd never saw a nice planted bowl before and i agree nice betta i like the white ones myself :)

You have a really beautiful betta. Love, love, love, the colors of him.

I got some nicer photos. uwu It's hard to get pictures with shaky hands.

tumblr_mlv8lsVR3e1qmdkmlo2_1280.png

tumblr_mlv8lsVR3e1qmdkmlo3_1280.png

tumblr_mlv8lsVR3e1qmdkmlo4_1280.png

Beautiful!