Curious about those mini crabs :)

I always see these little crabs at my LFS. They are labeled as mini crabs. I've been contemplating a second tank of some sort and I'd like one that my husband will enjoy along with me, and he thinks the crabs are so cool. Of course, I know nothing about semi-aquatic crabs. Does anyone have any tips or good links for information? Any species suggestions or compatible tankmates I might consider? If you have experience raising these dudes, what would be the top thing you'd tell me to consider before starting out?

I have several hefty pieces of driftwood and considered using them to fashion a beach for the crabs.

Thanks in advance!!

A local guy who breeds and sells colorful shrimp also sells these mini crabs -

Limnopilos naiyanetris

According to his website (which I am translating here), they can be kept with shrimp, are peaceful, like floating plants and catappa leaves, are most active 24-28 degress but tolerate down to 20, Ph 6-8 and they eat what shrimp eat - algae wafers, peas etc..

I don't have any personal experiences with them :)

Edited by motherredcap

24-28 degrees celsius?

Limnopilos naiyanetris

According to his website (which I am translating here), they can be kept with shrimp, are peaceful, like floating plants and catappa leaves, are most active 24-28 degress but tolerate down to 20, Ph 6-8 and they eat what shrimp eat - algae wafers, peas etc..

Limnopilos naiyanetris

I don't have any personal experiences with them :)

Nice, thank you kindly! :D

24-28 degrees celsius?

Limnopilos naiyanetris

Yep.

24-28 degrees celsius?

Limnopilos naiyanetris

Well, Fahrenheit would be a bit extreme :rofl

24-28 degrees celsius?

Limnopilos naiyanetris

Not if they were in my freezer! :feedme

24-28 degrees celsius?

Limnopilos naiyanetris

Not if they were in my freezer! :feedme

That's a whole different type of crab then :rofl