Shubunkin Family!

Kylen

I need your address for pickup please! :D

I love this video, this is one of the wonderful examples of just how beautiful and elegant shubunkins are. Let us know more about them! How old are these fish, and how big are the biggest? :heart

internet explorer is blocking the video with message "contains content from umg". is this safe to watch?

I just watched it. And my computer at work block any movie that might be fishy.

Those beautiful tails! Stop it! You're making me want to dust off the 55 gallon I have stored in the basement :P They are gorgeous!

Quasi, that video was definitely fishy! It should have been blocked, LOL.

As beautiful as they are in a pond, shubies are even prettier in an aquarium. Beautiful fish!

Im so glad you all liked it. These are all fish i found at my local petsmart/petco. Believe it or not half of them were in the feeder tank (the one commons are usually in) and i squatted in front of it for a really long time picking them out of hundreds. They didnt look like anything special to be honest, but with proper care they developed nicely. Ive had all for less than a year, got them as babies, so im guessing the oldest are at least a year old by now, Ive never measured as i have no idea how id manage it =P

I ve had all for less than a year, got them as babies, so im guessing the oldest are at least a year old by now, Ive never measured as i have no idea how id manage it =P

Keep a ruler against the glass and hope that they hold still.

Or put them in a plastic tub and place lined/checkered paper under it.

You do need some patience though :P

Edited by Quasi

Very nice group. If I want a quick estimate on length, I just put a dollar bill against the tank, it is six inches across and 2 inches top to bottom.

This is my 75. I switch things up every now and then and put some of my shubunkin in the tank. They are so beautiful :heart , its great to watch. I just put them back in my pond and the fancies have taken back their tank. :fishtank: