Sign in to follow this  
yaapp

Greetings people

Hello fellow humans, ok stopping the corny stuff

I am convincing myself in moving my goldfish out to my backyard because 1) there's nothing out there 2) who cares because there's nothing out there 3) I want to put a piano where the current fish tank is right now

I am not planning to use one of those metal stock tanks because I live near the beach and from my experiences, the salt air doesn't like playing well here

So I went to Lowe's to look for tanks and found this

http://www.lowes.com...%7C1&facetInfo=

Question is, what kind of filter you all suggest, I won't be digging it in and planning to reinforce the shelf parts with bricks or whatever that you people may suggest

This is the area where I am thinking of putting the tank

rP1xtlZ.jpg

NFcUGEW.jpg

Welcome! We're all Pondaholics around here! :)

My first thought is sweet! My second thought is that full sun with cement under it in California will get hot! What will you do to shade it?

I like the pond preform a lot. The pond folks here are geniuses! I'm not one of them ;)

Edited by GreenTea

The temperature in my area gets to 75ish (which is rare) tops even at that its cold because of the ocean breeze.

Worst comes to worst, if the spot I picked is wrong I can put it under my awning or the opposite side of the house

I'm no expert, but as far as I know those aren't meant to be used unless they are supported in some way. Normally they're buried, but I guess you could build some kind of frame.

Shall I just go with a metal container then?

It would take me a bit I was going to make the frame out of plywood and 2x4s. If I had the time, I would have started making a frame out of metal a month ago lol