• Admin

That looks like a cory catfish. Which is a definite no with goldies. There have been more than a few horror stories about a goldfish eating one and getting the barbells stuck.

I have lots of bristlenose plecos with my goldies. They do just fine and even eat the goldfish food so they are never hungry.

Sent from my SCH-I535

I Notice before any pleco can feed on the "mini algae wafer" I drop into the water, the goldfishes ate it!

Its difficult to stop them from eating it so I guess pleco will definitely feed on goldfish sinking pellets. .

Those large fancier pleco cost a few hundreds of dollars here in my country

I like the goldfish pellets more for them because they can easily scoot it away and into a hiding spot. And then the goldies are also distracted by getting their own food so they don't put up much competition. My pleco fry have been eating progold since they absorbed their eggsacs.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Close hun But I think this is a catfish of some sort....

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+1163+937&pcatid=937

I think im talking abt this kind of "pleco lookalike catfish"

Anyone know what is this fish?

It feed on pellet as it has sucker type mouth so unlikely it will feed on goldfish

All Plecos have sucker type mouths. Generally they will feed by sucking the slime coat right off of the fish, not biting them.

I've seen Cory catfish eaten by all manner of other fish. They're small enough for your goldfish to eat, I know that.

Try to stick with either bristlenose or rubberlip Plecos, and make sure they are around the same size around as twice your largest fish's mouth. That will keep the fish from eating or at least attempting to eat them.

Edit: it looks like a peppered Cory cat to me, based mostly on the head shape.

Edited by ChelseaM

I think im talking abt this kind of "pleco lookalike catfish"

Anyone know what is this fish?

It feed on pellet as it has sucker type mouth so unlikely it will feed on goldfish

All Plecos have sucker type mouths. Generally they will feed by sucking the slime coat right off of the fish, not biting them.

I've seen Cory catfish eaten by all manner of other fish. They're small enough for your goldfish to eat, I know that.

Try to stick with either bristlenose or rubberlip Plecos, and make sure they are around the same size around as twice your largest fish's mouth. That will keep the fish from eating or at least attempting to eat them.

Edit: it looks like a peppered Cory cat to me, based mostly on the head shape.

Well this cat is not small lol

Its abt 6" long and with abt 1cm sucker mouth size