This may seem like a dumb question, but um... how do you take pictures of fish?

Have patience xD For me, about one in every 100 shots is good, hahaha. I honestly just use my phone. I watch the fish and see when they tend to hold still, and try to snap the shot right then.

Have all your room lights off, and take your pics w/o flash, late at night. Put your tank lights on full blast, and then take thousands of pics, just to find ONE that turns out well.

There you are, young grasshopper; I have told you my secrets...

:rofl

Basicly what everyone else said

I just use my phone, make sure tank lights are on and it's either night or all windows and blinds are shut so you don't get reflections of the windows or yourself in the glass lol

Then take 100 photos to get one half decent one :lol

Personally I leave the flash on (because I don't have overhead tank lights, I use a lamp), i turn any lights in the room off (except tank lights if you have them) and use the "sport" function on my camera which takes more rapid shots.

Like others though, it usually takes a fair few to get one good one!

oh and p.s. Clean your outside glass first! I took some the other day and they would have been good shots if I didn't have dirty glass!

Edited by Sykadelic

The oranda in my profile pic seems to love to pose. My ryukin? He likes to jet around and be difficult xD Getting a photo of them both is near impossible.

Thank goodness for digital cameras so that we can take a gazillion pictures....delete 99% of them & then be proud of the 1% that we managed to get!!!

Can anyone tell me how to take pictures of fish in a pond? The colors totally wash out because of all the reflected light. A red fish becomes orange with a yellow stripe down the back. A bright blue black and red shubie is a bluish off-white with orange. It appears the same way in the viewfinder as in the photo.

A lot of the time I'll take pictures after they eat. They are moving slower because they are looking for more food or chopp'en on food still. I recently took some great shots of my fish while they were eating peas. They had the pea in their mouth and you can see it. I agree with all the others though, You have to take tons and tons of pics to get a couple that you might be satisfied with. And have patience. :)