Sign in to follow this  
Coburnn2

Thoughts on breed?

So this is a little guy I have had for about 3 months now and I'm sure he is a mix bag of things but I'm confused. He is slender like a comet but ever so slightly rounded. He has a double forked tail with long beautiful ventral fins.

I tried to capture pics of him but he is such an energetic swimmer!!!!!! So I snapped these while I fed him this morning. I don't think any of these pics show you just how beautiful and graceful he is to watch and I'm sure we don't take good pics when we are eating either :teehee

07a7446b-a326-478a-b737-f0eab4baf534.jpg?t=1366187397b9ef0730-5613-493f-ae10-9f9d42758163.jpg?t=136618744150744695-a16c-471f-bc3f-0371b964347b.jpg?t=1366187323

then i think a video is a good call ;)

can't say if it's male or female, we need close ups of the pectorial fins and the vent. but, this fish could be too young to learn the gender right now.

I was thinking it he (or she) was too young to call gender or breed but I'm excited.

I have never had a goldfish that is such a graceful swimmer :) I love how he can almost form a proper "U" shape while he turns. I can't wait to get him out of the holding tank either and in to the 126L but its re-cycling still.

I almost think there is a small wen appearing. Do you think so?

Here is a short video of my 2 young fish in my holding tank.

I nicknamed them sharky and goldie until I could see their personalities. Goldie has the start of a wen forming, I think and is a very inquisitive fish. I think sharky may keep his name (though without George I may change it sniff as they are no longer crime busters of my tank)

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http:%2F%2Fvid749.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fxx132%2Ftbunnypics%2Frandom%2FVIDEO0024.mp4">

I almost think there is a small wen appearing. Do you think so?

Is that because of the darker patch on his head in the pics above? Little goldie has teeny tiny texture outlines on her head where you can just about see the start of a wen. I'm unsure of sharky.

I definitely see Goldie's wen starting, whereas on Sharky I am unsure if I see any. To encourage the wens and defining features of some breeds you could feed frozen bloodworms once or twice a week along with their staple diet.

I definitely see Goldie's wen starting, whereas on Sharky I am unsure if I see any. To encourage the wens and defining features of some breeds you could feed frozen bloodworms once or twice a week along with their staple diet.

now that I did not know! Thank you :)

I think they are both Orandas..........but being so young makes it hard to be certain.

I'm not too sure what they are, other than TOO CUTE!! :rofl

Keep posting pics as they grow please. :D

I'm not too sure what they are, other than TOO CUTE!! :rofl

Keep posting pics as they grow please. :D

They are adorable and so much fun to watch.

My holding tank cracked last night (bad fish month in this house) so I will have to transfer them over to my 126 L by themselves. It should be fine if I move their filter with them but I wanted to finish a fishless cycle in that tank before I moved them. :(