BOUGHT THE 100 GAL!

So excited!!! I got it for $400 and it comes with:

tank

lights

Eheim 2217 canister filter, intakes, etc.

2 heaters

net fish isolator thingy

fan that makes current (not sure if I'll use that but hey, maybe, right?)

2 pumps

I'll probably pick up all the non-tank stuff today and then go w/ my handyguy on the weekend to pick the tank up in my truck. It will probably sit on my porch for a while--I'm going to paint the base (it's black like my current one but I think I'll paint it moss green since it will be going in my LR), get the tank all disinfected, etc. Once I'm sure the floor can handle it (handyguy has to check and shore it up if there any any doubts), I'll get it put in place and filled up and start doing a fishless cycle w/ the Eheim. I'm currently treating the 55 gal w/ salt and Prazi so don't want to stress them out (OR spend more $$ on Prazi!) by moving them until we're all good with that. That will give me plenty of time to get everything working right, get the cycle established (with a little help from my current filter media "juice"), etc.

WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!! :clapping:

Wow! You will love it!! Hope to see pictures ASAP!!

(If you don't have a Python siphon you might wanna get one!! It REALLY makes cleaning & water changes for a big tank easier!!)

Edited by Jeana727

Oh, I have a python--necessary for the 55 too! :) I'm not entirely sure it's gonna be long enough--it's probably 2 feet too short with my luck LOL! The thing is ancient anyway--maybe time for a new one!

Here are pix of it set up with the guy's cichlids (he donated them back to the excellent LFS):

tank_at_joes2_zps69cbbe02.jpg

tank_at_joes_zpsb16926a6.jpg

I love that it's so deep--I like my driftwood and need it, anyway, for Titus (BN pleco), but now that George is so big it does seem to take up a lot of the tank! George will have plenty of room to get past the driftwood in the new tank!

Cycling should be pretty stress-free since I won't have the fish in there while I'm doing it! I guess I'll then add them in one at a time once it all seems OK (at which time I can move the 2 HOB filters overs as well).

Congrats on your new HUGE Tank. I know that you have been looking at different ones. You got a beautiful one. Love the size and stand. You need to post photo's as you set it up the way you want it.

Cycling should be pretty stress-free since I won't have the fish in there while I'm doing it! I guess I'll then add them in one at a time once it all seems OK (at which time I can move the 2 HOB filters overs as well).

You can basically just move the old filter straight over to the new tank and take the cycle with you. There should not even be a noticeable cycle bump or similar as it still is the same amount of BBS and number of fish, just with a larger water volume which will dilute toxins even further :)

Congratulations, btw! :)

Oh, I have a python--necessary for the 55 too! :) I'm not entirely sure it's gonna be long enough--it's probably 2 feet too short with my luck LOL! The thing is ancient anyway--maybe time for a new one!

Here are pix of it set up with the guy's cichlids (he donated them back to the excellent LFS):

tank_at_joes2_zps69cbbe02.jpg

tank_at_joes_zpsb16926a6.jpg

I love that it's so deep--I like my driftwood and need it, anyway, for Titus (BN pleco), but now that George is so big it does seem to take up a lot of the tank! George will have plenty of room to get past the driftwood in the new tank!

Love it, nice and big

You can basically just move the old filter straight over to the new tank and take the cycle with you. There should not even be a noticeable cycle bump or similar as it still is the same amount of BBS and number of fish, just with a larger water volume which will dilute toxins even further :)

That was my initial plan, but I figured I would move slowly and get the new tank all set up and ready to go while I wait for the salt/Prazi treatment to be over in the 55. So it might be a few weeks before I can move them--in the meantime, I figured I might as well be fishlessly cycling the new tank, but maybe it's pointless?

Congrats!! The best thing I ever did was buy my 110 g! All my fish love it! :D