Can I QT 2 new fish together?

fishy

Hi,

Does anyone know if I can quarantine 2 new orandas together? I bought one from a lfs on 3/16 & he is in a 20 gallon by him/herself. He is about 6 months old. I bought another oranda from an online site & he/she was delivered on 3/22. He/she is in a 10 gallon. The 10 gallon was fully cycled. The 20 gallon took 10 days to cycle. I do not know how to copy & paste but both water parameters are good: ammonia 0, nitrate 5-10, nitrite 0, ph 7.8-8.0, gh 7, kh 5. Both fish were treated with salt gradually (0.3 for 7 days), through water changes there is not more salt. I was really lucky-both fish have started off healthy & have remained healthy : ) no ich, all scales are present & normal, appetite good, poop good, always swimming normally. I will be treating for flukes (6 round protocol) with prazi pro at a 0.1% salt. My question is: would it be safe/ok to have both fish in the 20 gallon & treat with prazi pro? It would admittedly be easier for me to take care of 1 tank but am completely willing to do what is best for them. I also think they may like having each other as company if it is okay. Once the QT is complete they will be moved into my 55 gallon. Thank you for any advice : )

• Supporter

I have 3 small ryukin in QT right now I had two for a few days but then added one i got at the store since i was going to be treating anyway. With the two about 2.5 inch i had no porblem with water really the filter did most the work but when i added the other im having to do more water changes.

Thank you-I will have to learn how to post pics sometime. I know there are instructions on koko's but I was not successful a few months ago. I think the little one is cute (orange with white cheeks & belly) & the other is pretty (orange with black on the fins) but most importantly I think they are healthy. My mom is turning into an oranda fan : )