Sign in to follow this  
number20121

Will Ferrell's latest movie

We found this pretty much brand new, awesome tripod at Goodwill, for only $ 1.99. Yay, finally videos that don't make me look like I am a drunk going through withdrawal :rofl

Will was a bit upset today because I rearranged things in his tank. Planted the water sprite which was floating and blocking out most of the light in the tank, and finally decided to rubberband my big nana to the driftwood on the bottom right. That plant has about 50 leaves.

I probably should have waited until it is fully dark in order to reduce the reflections from the three windows in the room :lol

That is so pretty!!

((Now you have me thinkin' about putting my Betta in with the Platties & taking down his 10 gal apartment.......hhhhhmmmmm))

Looks awesome, Fang! :D

Thanks, Jamie! :)

That is so pretty!!

((Now you have me thinkin' about putting my Betta in with the Platties & taking down his 10 gal apartment.......hhhhhmmmmm))

Thank you! If you do that, make sure he really gets along with the platies. Make sure there is enough of cover so they can avoid him if they need to :)

Guess I better leave him to his 10 gallon apartment! I have some plants (fake & real) in the Plattie tank but not near the plush lovely JUNGLE you have going in your tank! Oh well................

Beautiful! :)

Thank you! :)

Guess I better leave him to his 10 gallon apartment! I have some plants (fake & real) in the Plattie tank but not near the plush lovely JUNGLE you have going in your tank! Oh well................

Well you can always give it a try. It depends a lot on your betta. You can have one that could be in a fully bare tank with platys and doesn't care at all, or he could be in the most densely planted tank and still trying to assassinate his tank mates. :rofl

Of course there will be the occasional chasing. Sometimes Will gets a bit irritated if other fish get too close to him. Not often though. Like yesterday for some reason, after the tank was re-done, he was hating on the oto so bad and kept chasing him every time he saw him. Of course the oto didn't give a flying **** and kept swimming away, turning around and sucked to the tank glass just an inch away from the betta.

I swear, it looked like the oto did that intentionally just to annoy Will :rofl

Nice :thumbs:

Thanks, Mr.G! :D

Oh it looks great, and so does will! Is this tank 10 gallons Fang? (Just wondering because I have been wanting to put some tetras with my betta if I put him in the 10 gallon instead of the 5 gallon he is in now

Looks so good! (jealous...) lol

LOL Thanks! :D

Oh it looks great, and so does will! Is this tank 10 gallons Fang? (Just wondering because I have been wanting to put some tetras with my betta if I put him in the 10 gallon instead of the 5 gallon he is in now

No, actually this tank is terribly overstocked due to the fact that the neons and glowlight tetras are really small fish (I didn't realize before) and my angel in the 55g ate half of their population. As emergency solution I added them to the betta's 5g, planning to eventually move them out.

But it turned out that they all get along so well (first with Donna, now with Will), and the plants have perked up a lot since I added the tetras, and they themselves have gained a lot of color too (although in the video the glowlights are a bit pale because when I rearrange things in the tank, I literally remove everything and these guys got stressed being fished out of the tank and then out of the tub etc).

So then I decided to just leave it be, obviously everyone is happy. Not something I would recommend doing intentionally though as this stocking level should have at least 10g, but I guess I am just lucky it worked out.

Currently this 5g holds 1 betta, 1 oto (here again, I know they should be kept in groups but he was borrowed from the 55g and fatted up so much and seems quite comfy - and keeps my plants mostly algae free), 3 neons, 4 glowlights and 2 ADFs.

That would not work without the jungle in this tank.

EDIT: I read your comment wrong DURR

In your 10g it should be no problem to add some tetras, especially when there are plants so they can avoid each other! :) I'd definitely give it a try, just make sure you add the tetras first for a couple weeks, and then the betta :)

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Yeah I am trying to decide if I want to get some more guppies (since I only have 4 left in the 10 gallon) or just switch the betta into it.... so hard to decide LOL. But my betta tank looks so pretty right now (my plants are actually doing good!... I need to put pictures BTW. Never even introduced him yet!)

Hmmm... this decision is so hard!!!

Yeah I am trying to decide if I want to get some more guppies (since I only have 4 left in the 10 gallon) or just switch the betta into it.... so hard to decide LOL. But my betta tank looks so pretty right now (my plants are actually doing good!... I need to put pictures BTW. Never even introduced him yet!)

Hmmm... this decision is so hard!!!

I *think* guppies are not such great tank mates, since the betta dislikes the guppies flowing fins. Never even had guppies so I can't say how true or untrue this is, and yet again this might depend a lot on the individual fish :)

Okay I should have said that better LOL. Guppies are in the 10 gallon right now and betta is in the 5 gallon. I am just trying to decide if I should just keep the remaining 4 guppies and switch them into the 5 gallon and the betta into the 10 or not (If I don't switch them then I will just get more guppies to put back in the 10 gallon). They would never be together (I think the flowy fins would be bad with the betta)

Oh ok, now I get it! :D Yeah, sounds like a good plan. 4 guppies in a 5g sounds great!

Beautiful tank! Love the plants, the fish look quite comfy. =3

Gorgeous!

Beautiful tank! Love the plants, the fish look quite comfy. =3

Thanks! The fish seem even more comfy today since they finally got over themselves after the big cleaning :rofl

loving your tank Fang :) you have got quite the green thumb now huh ;)

Don't jinx me!!! I'm still struggling to keep the plants in the big tank alive :rofl

Gorgeous!

Thanks, Dan! :)