Hey everyone. I feel like I'm never a day out of the D+D threads. So here goes, Ursula is refusing food and bottomsitting as of this time yesterday. In that time she has received two 60% water changes to hopefully help her out. I'm not sure why she's being like this because she JUST finished up her time with prazi. However, Bill did just move in with her Friday night. I'm not sure what's wrong but I'm nervous since she's older. And the info you really want:

Test Results for the Following:
  • * Ammonia Level (tank):0
  • * Nitrite Level (tank)0
  • * Nitrate level (Tank)0
  • * Ammonia Level (Tap):0
  • * Nitrite Level (Tap)0
  • * Nitrate level (Tap)0
  • * Ph Level, (Tank) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)7.6
  • * Ph Level, (Tap) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)7.0
    Other Required Info:
  • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?api drops
  • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?2 ac 50s
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners?prime, baking soda, crushed coral
  • * Water temperature?72*
  • * How often do you change the water and how much? 50% -1-2x per week

• * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? yesterday 60%
  • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 30G long and about a year little under
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 2 one 8 inch common and her one inch son
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? Soilent green or super green 2x per day
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? Bill - her little boy
  • * Any medications added to the tank? no
  • * List previous issues experienced (dropsy, SBD, etc.) none
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? none other than what she usually has (tumor and little white bump)
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? bottomsitting and not eating
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Finished 5 rounds of salt and prazi about a week ago, before that salt and prazi about 6 months ago
  • * You can really help us to identify with the concern more accurately if you post some pictures and a short video. Pictures Soon.

Not big momma!!! Your fishies need to knock this craziness off and stop stressing out there big momma! Feel better quicker Ms Ursula!

:flowers

I know! I just want a drama free fishy drama free day! I feel like I'm failing them... probably just because I love them so much! I will say that your sonny is adapting well to life with mom. Mom is just annoyed by her child and throwing a tantrum =p

Your are not failing them! It sounds like a fishy conspiracy to me. :D Maybe she is just annoyed at having my sonny bugging her. I wonder if taking him out would have a effect? Ya never know.

She perks up when I'm around but before this she was sitting with her dorsal down a little and her tail hunched over. =/ and Bill photobombed.

548965_10200917681574234_1646116939_n.jpg

48168_10200917683574284_985365159_n.jpg

I can't take him out... I've got no where else to put him. His old tank is Lucas' now and Lucas' old tank was a gross bucket that I refuse to put fish in ever again.

That sucks. Petco dollar sale? One can never have enough pics of big bad Bill or enough tanks. :rofl We'll just have to wait and see what they say.

I have all the money to do just about any tank I want, but unfortunately money isn't the issue. My parents want me to have less water than I already have in their house... so no more tanks for Kayla.

I could probably sneak a 55 in there... but there are no outlets =(

Bump, never got any answer =/ Not trying to be pushy just wasn't sure if we got lost in the whirlwind of 'help me'. Could she be constipated? Or eggbound? Would that cause the sitting? I am going to feed her peas for dinner. Maybe she'll eat them.

She refused the peas. Bill enjoyed them though =/

Sorry for the wait! We're all very busy at the moment :(

How long was the prazi cycle? Also, what is her feces looking like?

Salt dip and do two rounds of Prazi, please.

I hope everyone feels better soon! :)

It was 5- 5 day rounds so 25 days. She has not pooped in two days. Prior to this she had thick (her poop is usually thick) green 2-3 cm poops.

I will start the two rounds of prazi with salt dips today. 3% for her? and is Bill okay to go through the 2 more rounds with her?

Yes :)

Just for future reference, because sometimes I don't remember to ask, when you move new fish into the main tank, everyone should probably undergo at least one round together starting the moment the new fish is added :)

Okay =) I just assumed they would both be healthy because they both had JUST finished it. =/ thank you

Salt dip was a terrible failure. She was in the dip less than a minute before fainting. She also has white marks that appeared on her face as soon as she touched the water. She did not like that. Current status is swimming! No clamping. Maybe she's been spooked back to health.

Hahahahahaha

She doesn't have to love it. It just has to help her.

What does it mean that she fainted that quickly??

What does it mean that she fainted that quickly??

I'm not sure. There does seem to be a correlation between how long one lasts in the salt, and their overall state of health.

However, this is not a firm rule, and so it only means so much.

Hmm... well I really don't know what happened to make her sick. It's so strange. Prazi, here we go again.

Still no poop... but she MAY have eaten... either that or Bill has a crazy appetite.

LOL

Let us know how they are tomorrow.

I hope your aquatic babies all get over their illnesses quickly!

Thanks. Me too. I can't stand knowing that there's nothing I can do to make it better other than what I'm doing =/

We have poop! =) She's still sitting and not active but the poop is there =))