Yay! New plants tomorrow

GoldPigs

Yay! going to fish shop for new plants tomorrow, not sure which plants too get, apart from plants on goldfish plant page. Need something hardy, low light requirement and low temperature

Thanks in advance :)

Since you said "aside from what's on the Plant Page", hornwort works great with goldfish, especially if you would like a floating plant. Most goldfish won't eat it, and the plant is very hardy and easy to keep.

You don't have to let it float, but can also simply weigh it down with a rock or similar. Actually planting it is a bit tricky, since hornwort is a naturally floating plant and does not grow roots. So you can stick it into the substrate, but it comes out easily since it will never grow a root system to hold on to the substrate. That's why you will need to weigh it down :)

Thanks everyone for replying, I was thinking or getting some vals, some java fern, elodea what the fish shop call "baby tears" and some "lizard's tail" My fish are generally not too nibbly so will see how I go :)

I believe baby tears need high light, meaning at least 3 watt per gallon, and do best with fertilizers and CO2. Lizard Tails are not true aquatic plants and will die off after a while if kept fully submerged.

Make sure you google about the plants you want to get, so you don't have to waste your money on some that are unlikely to work well for you :)