Speckle needs help :(

kiwikacey

Ok - on second round of Prazi now, and when I tested the water nitrites came up at 0.25ppm last night, then 0ppm this morning. The pH is back at 7.4....this happened the first round of Prazi, and then when I took the meds out the nitrites skyrocketed. Is there any reason this would happen, or is it just a weird coincidence? I'll test the other values and post back here in a few minutes. Thanks! Hope all is well :)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't edit my comment above....ammonia registered at 0ppm (last night it was 0.25ppm) and nitrate I can't really tell...somewhere between 0ppm and 5ppm...the tube is slightly orange but more yellow (API test kit).

My question is....should I do a water change??? This is just weird, but I don't want to hurt my fishies :(

• Admin

The ph dropped hun cause we need to figure out the KH in your tank... The crushed coral should keep it up there.... Do we have the crushed coral or the KH test kit yet?

Ok...so i have the crushed coral in there but not the KH kit yet. That should be here tomorrow. Should I do a WC or no? I was also wondering if PrazoPro has any effect on the cycle...

• Admin

Ok...so i have the crushed coral in there but not the KH kit yet. That should be here tomorrow. Should I do a WC or no? I was also wondering if PrazoPro has any effect on the cycle...

Not really... Lets do a water change and add your Buffer back in ... also lets also see if we can get some more Crushed coral in the tank :)

Not really... Lets do a water change and add your Buffer back in ... also lets also see if we can get some more Crushed coral in the tank :)

Ok - will do. I will add the coral like a substrate - just not as much of it. (and I meant PraziPro....not "Prazo"!!!!)

• Admin

Ok - will do. I will add the coral like a substrate - just not as much of it. (and I meant PraziPro....not "Prazo"!!!!)

Oh I understood what you meant hun :thumb: