Pictures 120 gal (work in progress)

Goldfish Girls

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

After having taken out everything so I could watch the fish at all times while fighting the flukes ..... My fish were board. So I added back in the 2 ruines which they used to love swiming around. And the the tallest plastic plants I had. My fish are back to being active and playing in the tank instead of just floating there all day.

I have already taken out TWO 5 gallon buckets of rocks off the bottom (so 10 more gals of water for my fishy friends ....) I am noticing that they are playing more in the areas that still have some rocks left and they are playing with the rocks themselves ... So I may leave just the minimalists of a layer (as in1 layer) so they can keep playing in it.

I have finally found some silk plants I like the look of, so next fish purchase will be those and see how they work out.

Its so NICE to see them happy again. It was a long sad month for us all.

Enjoy the pictures!

Thank you! I am working hard on balancing what is best for the fish, what entertains them and what I want to look at. Its not as easy as people who dont reasearch there fish think .... LOL.

I like the look of more green plants in the tank, so adding the silk plants will be fun to plan.

Petsmart. They are the 3 ft bamboo things and like $15 each I think. I am planning on taking them out in the future because the ends are pointy and I have heard of someone here who had a fish poke its eye out on a pointy plastic plant. So I will be switching to all silk a little bit at a time and hoping for the best untill then. :) Thank you for liking them, I think they look great too - I just dont want to harm my fish for looks, you know?

It looks great!! You don't even need to leave a 1" layer. If it is just enough gravel in there to cover half the tank bottom in a single layer is usually enough for them to follow their natural behavior of foraging in the substrate. This will give the fish even more water volume :)

And if you feel confident about it some time, add some live plants. Fish love playing with those and they will help keeping nitrates a little bit lower as well :)

Again, I really love this and the tank looks great! Now we need some nice closeup shots of the fish :)

I have tried taking some pics of the fish ... they all turn out terrable. But I keep trying, and reading my camera manual. So one of these days it should happen! LOL

I am not planning any major changes soon, I will keep it set up like this while saving up for some silk plants. I tried a live plant once .... that was a failure. I figure I will concentrate on being a good fish mama for awhile, with healthy fish. Then mayby try it again.

Very pretty. I just love your black and white shubbie - the one to the right in the pictures. When you get time, put up some more photos of him in the goldfish photo section!

Thank you! Her name is Bixie. When we moved in this house we rescued the fish from the water feature out back. Our neighbors heard about out efforts and told us they were going to catch the fish they had in their water feature and release them into the wild and we could take them if we wanted. So we did. The "twin" of Bixie is Trixie looks alot alike except that Trixie has an orange spot on her nose. If you look at the last picture ... at the 3 plants in the center ... the fish in front of the left plant is Trixie. Both Trixie and Bixie were the same size when we rescued them. Now Trixie is the size of a small elephant .... I think she is hogging all the food! LOL ... she REALLY grew in the last 6 months. Both are super cute shubies .....

Petsmart. They are the 3 ft bamboo things and like $15 each I think. I am planning on taking them out in the future because the ends are pointy and I have heard of someone here who had a fish poke its eye out on a pointy plastic plant. So I will be switching to all silk a little bit at a time and hoping for the best untill then. :) Thank you for liking them, I think they look great too - I just dont want to harm my fish for looks, you know?

I was going to say that I too love your big plant on the right side of your tank. It's beautiful. I totally understand about taking it out eventually for the health of your fish. I had a couple of artificial plants that had pointy ends also months prior to Christmas, loved them, but took them out for the same reason after learning that they can hurt my black moor's eyes. Your tank looks so lovely. I found a couple of silk plants that I am happy with that I have in my 34g. tank. I got them at Petco.