Cambomba Carolina

Gcourtney

I had some red cabomba, but it didn't do so great. I think all it needs is a nutrient rich substrate, and it grows well. If I had to do it over, I'd probably let it root into soil.

The cabomba needs quite a bit of high light. Mine initially did well, but I do not have enough light for it to keep it healthy, so eventually it all disappeared.

Other than that it is an easy and hardy plant :)

The lighting on my tank is ridiculous! lol! I don't know what it's excuse was for me--the fish didn't even bother with it so much

The cabomba needs quite a bit of high light. Mine initially did well, but I do not have enough light for it to keep it healthy, so eventually it all disappeared.

Other than that it is an easy and hardy plant :)

The lighting on my tank is ridiculous! lol! I don't know what it's excuse was for me--the fish didn't even bother with it so much

But you had the red one, which I think is more needy than the regular green kind. Or maybe they both are just much pickier than I read they are. It's a shame though, I miss mine, it was so pretty! And it grew so well at first, doubled in volume, and then over the course of a month almost fully disappeared oO