whats the best.

On that thread, ramshorn snails, mystery snails and nerite snails were all suggested to me :) I'm doing a tank with a couple snails and some shrimp! Be sure to post photos of yours :P

It really does not matter much, but keep in mind that for a mystery snail a minimum of 2.5 gallons should be provided.

If you want something smaller, I personally am a big fan of Malaysian Trumpet Snails. They are perfect if you have a bowl with sand, since they burrow themselves into the sand at times. Very interesting to watch!

Of course they are all over the tank, are quite hardy, and won't eat healthy plants.

These snails are also easy to acquire, as they are present as "pest snail" at most chain LFS. Just ask a worker there and they will usually scoop you out a couple for free. These will not be the greatest looking snails since due to the lack of proper care at the LFS their shells are usually damaged, but their offspring will look great if cared for properly :)

It really does not matter much, but keep in mind that for a mystery snail a minimum of 2.5 gallons should be provided.

If you want something smaller, I personally am a big fan of Malaysian Trumpet Snails. They are perfect if you have a bowl with sand, since they burrow themselves into the sand at times. Very interesting to watch!

Of course they are all over the tank, are quite hardy, and won't eat healthy plants.

These snails are also easy to acquire, as they are present as "pest snail" at most chain LFS. Just ask a worker there and they will usually scoop you out a couple for free. These will not be the greatest looking snails since due to the lack of proper care at the LFS their shells are usually damaged, but their offspring will look great if cared for properly :)

Would 2 Nerite snails be okay in 2.5 gallons, do you think? :o