Prazipro safe for bettas?

Niiku

First off, bit of sad news about the crowntail boy I got last week. He didn't survive very long. I think since he was from Meijer (local grocery store, like walmart) he was very unhealthy to begin with and was dying before I even got him.

I went to Petco on the morning they got a new shipment of bettas in and picked out another one to give it another go, this time with a fish in better health, after cleaning out the tank completely of course.

I came home with a gorgeous halfmoon boy who I will take many pictures of once I find my camera cable again XD

Anyway I was wondering if Prazipro is safe to use on bettas? I don't want to risk this new guy having flukes or anything, he's such a gorgeous boy. He's very active and he's eating well, patrolling his tank. No fluke behavior like the goldies might show, but I just wanted to make sure.

Also, is salt treatment something you do with a new betta? I think I remember reading somewhere that they don't handle salt well?

Prazi at a single dose is just fine for them!

Some handle salt OK, some don't. They aren't generally very salt tolerant fish, though. I would only add it at 1TBSP/10 gallons, personally. It is low dose, but enough to kill stuff like ich, and gentle for fish that are possibly salt sensitive (as well as plants, if you ever need to treat a planted tank).

I personally would start salt at 1/4th teaspoon per 10 gallons for salt. Every betta I have had has dropsied at 1 teaspoon salt per 10 gallons. I don't even try with them anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I535

I stay away from salt with bettas unless absolutely necessary. Most of mine handled it well at 1tsp per 5gallons - except for one which dropsied and died within 12 hours after adding salt.

Still, that is too high a risk to take for me.

Prazi Pro is fine, that's all I'd treat with for now :)

Alrighty! I'll stay away from salt unless it ever becomes necessary, he's not showing any signs of ich or anything. :) I'll start up a prazi treatment when I change the water in a couple days. Thanks guys <3