Sign in to follow this  
Smurfishy

Goldfish Observatory

Wait.. how much are in there? I am utterly scared to the bones and amused at the same time. :rofl

Its a 300g stock tank pond with 12 small/medium goldfish, and the one biggish fish. My BF got a koi last summer without consulting. Still trying to convince him to let it go. I will be putting a medium comet and a large goldfish back in there come summer. Although my large comet seems to prefer tank life, bottom sat in the pond all summer. If she doesn't make the adjustment this summer I will permanently move her inside.

Oooh :rofl It looked like a 10 gallon :o

It is a 10g, lol, turned upside down in a 300g.

Wait.. how much are in there? I am utterly scared to the bones and amused at the same time. :rofl

Its a 300g stock tank pond with 12 small/medium goldfish, and the one biggish fish. My BF got a koi last summer without consulting. Still trying to convince him to let it go. I will be putting a medium comet and a large goldfish back in there come summer. Although my large comet seems to prefer tank life, bottom sat in the pond all summer. If she doesn't make the adjustment this summer I will permanently move her inside.

Oooh :rofl It looked like a 10 gallon :o

It is a 10g, lol, turned upside down in a 300g.

i never knew you could do that! :o

What is your "sky high" pH? There is little, if any, evidence to support the popular belief that cement blocks in the pond will raise pH, particularly if the pond pH is not low. If you paint the blocks black, it will seal them and make them inconspicuous in the pond.

For something as heavy as a ten gallon tank full of water, there probably isn't an alternative to concrete blocks.

What is your "sky high" pH? There is little, if any, evidence to support the popular belief that cement blocks in the pond will raise pH, particularly if the pond pH is not low. If you paint the blocks black, it will seal them and make them inconspicuous in the pond.

For something as heavy as a ten gallon tank full of water, there probably isn't an alternative to concrete blocks.

What kind of paint would you use to do this, Shakaho? Tell us more! :D

I usually use a concrete stain. It sinks into the pores. Two coats and it looks good.

I usually use a concrete stain. It sinks into the pores. Two coats and it looks good.

Nice- TY!

Up to 8.2 anyways.

That's a fine pH. Mine runs a little higher.

Amazing! This is the first time I've seen this on a pond. Love the curious goldies checking out what's above water level. :kewlpics: