Goldies & Ryukin need your help please!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I FINALLY started Prazi, got it in the mail today :) I'm doing the 5 rounds (not 6 I said previously) so this time next month I should be done :D Vey excited because so far none of the others have passed away so I'm now hoping I got meds in time.

Also, I got some Repashy (Community Plus... hope that's right) and it's cooling as we speak. I really hope they like it. All the vids I've seen imply they do. I'm going to just drop in a square for now, but eventually I would like to get a feeding rock or something heavy so they don't push it into the corner.

So today I finally broke down and bought an Aqueon Water changer. I tossed around the idea of a phyton instead but a lot of things I read online said the Aqueon was better because "spare parts" are easier to get.

I used it today for the first time to do a 50% change for the end of my first Prazi cycle. I'll use it again tomorrow. I'm a little worried about how the parameters change given my tap is:

pH: 7.6

Ammonia: 2.0

Nitrites: 0

Nitrates: 0

But I'm hoping the Prime, together with my BB will help it adjust quickly back to my normal. I did a test right after the change, and I'll do another one in about an hour or so.

Anyway, my main point. PRAZI ROUND ONE COMPLETE! Tomorrow we'll start Round 2 :)

So today I finally broke down and bought an Aqueon Water changer. I tossed around the idea of a phyton instead but a lot of things I read online said the Aqueon was better because "spare parts" are easier to get.

I used it today for the first time to do a 50% change for the end of my first Prazi cycle. I'll use it again tomorrow. I'm a little worried about how the parameters change given my tap is:

But I'm hoping the Prime, together with my BB will help it adjust quickly back to my normal. I did a test right after the change, and I'll do another one in about an hour or so.

Anyway, my main point. PRAZI ROUND ONE COMPLETE! Tomorrow we'll start Round 2 :)

congrats on the water changer :) they are great!

Do an ammonia test in 24 hours (after your water change) and let us know what it comes out as :)

congrats on the water changer :) they are great!

Do an ammonia test in 24 hours (after your water change) and let us know what it comes out as :)

No problemo! Thanks :)

How are the fish doing?

At the risk of jinxing myself... I think they're doing good. No-one has any injuries. Their fins aren't clamped. No bottom sitters. Colours are nice and bright. Actually, Pinkie (newly named little white comet) is starting to turn a bit of a pale yellow around his mouth and stuff. I'll take a photo but I don't think it's a bad thing. Similar to this (but no so bright yellow)

Pic.jpg

Sushi in particular likes to swim around all the time. He's very active. Makes me laugh 'cause he reminds me of a dog who wags it's tail REALLY fast so its entire body moves.

Well it's 24 hours later. pH is back to "normal" but ammonia and nitrites are showing 0.25 still... granted I am still cycling. I thought it had finally finished but I think it was still too "new". Plus I rinsed (in tank water) my filter media just a little.

I'm about to start my second round of Prazi. I would have done it earlier today but I had to go get more salt.

Round 3 of Prazi started yesterday. Everyone looks happy and greedy. I'll take a pic wheen I next gt the chance. They're running around investigating the tank a bit which is good because they didn't seem to do that before.

Everyone is eating pretty well too.

• 2 weeks later...