New Tank! :)

Got the fish successfully transferred over to the new tank. Both filters being on will take some getting used to. They are loud! :) So far, the fish seem very happy and are exploring. I will post pictures/video soon. :)

That cartoon is amazing! :) The fish are having fun in the currents for the moment. I will probably wait a couple water changes and then take the smaller filter off and put the old media in the new one too just in case. We have room since we don't use the carbon part.

Here is the first video...many more to come I am sure. This is about 10 minutes after we got them moved over. They seemed to be a little scared so we put some food in and suddenly they were ok. :) Food is the way to a fish's heart. Lol. I'll post some more later.

This link might work better. :)

Oh my, they've gotten rather big! I remember them when they were tiny not so long ago! :)

The tank looks fantastic! :)

Thank you! They have gotten huge! They look tiny in the new tank though. :) Atlas has almost doubled in size since I got the new food to try. P-body is growing slower but I think maybe moors just take longer to grow (or maybe she is female and smaller?).

Oops! I bought more plants. Lol. Things looked a bit empty today. They are still having a blast and now have some more places to hide. As promised, another video. :)

Looks great! What is that thing the gold fish is eating that's stuck to the glass??

Thanks! They are called Tank Nibblers. They are veggie-based and stick to the side of the tank. I give them to them occasionally as a snack. (I don't feed them normally because I don't think they are wonderfully nutritious for the fish.) They love it because they don't have to go looking for the food. We figured it might be a good first meal in the new tank since they were still exploring everything. :)

I have another question. Atlas is now getting worse during feeding time. I feed them sinking pellets. I am not sure if its the new tank or what, but he chases P-body away from the food to the point that I am not sure if P-body (the black moor) is getting enough food. She ends up hanging out near the top of the tank until the food is gone and Atlas "calms down". Atlas used to do this in the smaller tank, but stopped as long as we rearranged the plants every time we did a water change and didn't start doing it again until yesterday. :(

Any creative suggestions on how I can ensure she gets enough food? My only thought is to try to get a divider or small tank of some kind and separate them during feeding time, but I would love an easier solution. I am also going to test the water tomorrow and make sure its not water quality related somehow.