Finally got some cherry shrimp!

Evening

My local pet store, as it turns out, got three little cherry shrimp and two "Really reds" as he called them (Are they the same species? I might have to go back for them. XD)

I got the three cherries home and into their new tank, and they're busily browsing around for food, hiding in their coconut and clinging to the underside of my floating plants. I think they might have already laid eggs! This morning I found lots of little white specks in the java moss. Is that about what they look like?

pretty sure "really red" isn't anything lol. red cherry shrimp can be these grades: cherry, sakura, fire red, painted fire red.

red cherry shrimps don't lay eggs - the females carry them with them until they hatch, so I don't think those are shrimp eggs.

The guy may have just mislabeled them. Especially in non chain LFS I come across of lots of this. They probably are cherry shrimp too, just a deeper red. Just google for the types cathface mentioned and see if they look the same :)

The guy may have just mislabeled them. Especially in non chain LFS I come across of lots of this. They probably are cherry shrimp too, just a deeper red. Just google for the types cathface mentioned and see if they look the same :)

Yeah, I saw some labeled Smoky Red shrimp.