Sign in to follow this  
cathface

meet my new HMPK!

after two months of (almost) patient waiting, he is finally here. :) it all started when I decided to go the Aquabid route, since you can't get anything other than veiltails in our LFS', and if you want anything else, then you better expect to pay silly prices. he was supposed to arrive end of March, but due to horrible weather here (where is spring?!), the shipment from Thailand got pushed back two weeks. whiiich wasn't good for me, as he was supposed to arrive just before I left for London for Easter (he would have been fed by my friend). so instead I had to set up a temporary tub in London. I painstakingly brought some colonised media from my tank down with me, in a little plastic bag of water that I had to keep opening every hour on the 5+ hour trip down so that they wouldn't die from lack of oxygen. I was actually surprised when I popped them in one of the Eheims I had in my goldfish tank and it turns out they survived! phew. the only reason I didn't ask the transhipper to hold on to him until I got back to Edinburgh (in 1½ weeks) was because I'm moving back to London anyway in 3 weeks lol, so it seemed a bit cruel for him to travel so much so soon.

anyway without further adieu, meet Paul Bettany! (geddit?! hurhurr)

IMG_7755copy.png

IMG_7753copy.png

IMG_7785copy.png

IMG_7789copy.png

he is a platinum red, dumbo HMPK (I think he was advertised as OHM but so far he just looks like a standard HM). :) I couldn't get a good picture of him flaring, but I'm gonna keep trying!

what a classy lil dude you've got there! congratulations hun! and a very fitting name :heart

Ooooh, he's lovely! I love the dumbos. Gonna have to get one of those myself someday.

Congrats. He's beautiful.

He is gorgeous. And I especially like the secind to last picture.

Sent from my SCH-I535

thanks everyone! I'm still trying to get a flaring pic but he seems to have worked out that it's not a threat..... that or he's a big sissy! :rofl

Wow! Gorgeous! :Congrats:

Cath, is he just colored like that, with specks of red, or his gaining that color, or losing it on the way to becoming all white?

^to me he looks like a platinum white with heavy red wash. Red in bettas is almost gain and not loss. But I could be wrong, it's been years since I've read into betta genetics.

I think he is coloured that way but I have no real idea haha. I'm not sure how platinum genes work! I'll just have to update you in a few months. :D

just wanted to show you guys some better quality pictures (ie. not taken on my phone but on my sister's DSLR). :)

DSC_0717copy.png

DSC_0718copy.png

DSC_0727copy.png

this is the best flaring picture I could get haha

DSC_0728copy.png

DSC_0729copy.png

Paul is shaping up to be a lovely betta - not so shy anymore, and is starting to get snobby with food! cheeky.

He is just so pretty..... white betta are probably my favorite. You can update with pics any time you want ;):rofl

I love the fact that he is white but with a pinkish iridescence about him. and thanks, I am more than happy to spam with pics! :D

Still quite beautiful! :D

:thud He's gorgeous!!! I've never thought to check Aquabids for bettas, just my floaty plants . If I could find a pure white one I could die happy! Congrats on such a stunning new kid!