Sign in to follow this  
haley_tichonuk22

Leonard with split fins again and now starting to pinecone :(

• * Ammonia Level (tank): 0
  • * Nitrite Level (tank) 0
  • * Nitrate level (Tank) Barely anything (plants plus only one tiny fish)
  • * Ammonia Level (Tap): 0
  • * Nitrite Level (Tap) 0
  • * Nitrate level (Tap) 0
  • * Ph Level, (Tank) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.8
  • * Ph Level, (Tap) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.8
  • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops and electric pH meter
  • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Bio wheel thing
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime, flourish excel
  • * Water temperature? 65-70
  • * How often do you change the water and how much: once a week, around 60%
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Today, 60%
  • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 40 gallons, many years
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size: 1 single tail goldfish (only about 2 inches body length) 1 bristlenose Pleco (2 inches)
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? Mostly Soilent Green plus always fresh veggies in tank and treats of bloodworms
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? Nope
  • * Any medications added to the tank? Nope
  • * List previous issues experienced (dropsy, SBD, etc.) Fin flukes
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Split in tail with a bit of bloody veins, pineconing scales on one side near the tail area, one side of body is a bit more round than the other
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?I noticed yesterday that he was just kind of floating there until I came up to the tank, and then today I went to start the water change and he was just bottom sitting (no fin clamping except for the tail fin, just resting on the bottom)
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Was treated a few months ago with double prazi and salt dips to rid the fin flukes
  • * You can really help us to identify with the concern more accurately if you post some pictures and a short video.

So as I have answered in the questions, I suspect Leonard has flukes again..... I'm totally not 100% sure though..... I was thinking I should do a salt dip and then treat with double prazi again, but I'm not sure since now there is actual pineconing..... What do you think this is??

Here is from above.... not sure if you can see the left side of is body looks to be shaped a bit differently from the right

DSC_0169_zpsc018c7e0.jpg

Here is from the side. Notice how he just sits there

DSC_0164_zps895274c4.jpg

Here you can see the lifted scales on the right side of the tail. They are just barely sticking up, but I can see it

DSC_0163_zpsaddee091.jpg

Here is the tail split and the veins

DSC_0167_zps30bf5602.jpg

DSC_0165_zps24676a8e.jpg

Please help guys!!

When was the last time you dumped the water out of that filter? can we have a look see into the filter? also is the Bio wheel spinning or stopping then going?

Can we have a total view of the tank?

I would like you to do a 70% water change.....

I would definitely treat for flukes, but perhaps put him on a course of metro at the same time, if possible, Haley.

Hang in there.

I'm sorry Haley! I hope he get better super fast.

I clean the filter every 2 weeks.... I am SUPER paranoid about bacteria build up. The wheel is always turning, I always make sure to check it

Here is the tank (minus the snail as he passed)

DSC_0082.jpg

Alright I will do that Alex. I will do a salt dip and then treat with double prazi like last time.... hope I have enough. I will order more tomorrow. I also have metro powder but I do not have Metromeds.... SHould I attempt to get metromeds or should I make medicated food for him?

Go ahead and make medicated food. I'm all out of Metro-Meds, or I would send some to you. May be ask someone on the forum? However, go ahead with metro-food before you get MMs.

I have MMs but couldn't send them out til Friday. Thought I'd put it out there if no one can ship sooner . . .

Good luck Haley. :)

I pmed ya hun :)

Would I make the med food at 1%? I think that was what I had made a long time ago for my betta... I will have to make it tomorrow after work because I can't find my scale at the moment :(

ANd then I would feed him what percent of his body weight?

Yup. The weight of the metro should be 1% of the weight of the food, and then you feed at 1% of body weight daily.

Okay that is what I thought, but I just had to make sure! I will get on that ASAP after work tomorrow

Okay found the scale and made the gel food. It just needs to set now. He is just sitting on the bottom of the tank now and doesnt even get up when I come by :(

This was exactly what happened to my last tiny goldie I had..... (except he has no visible pineconing..... He was also named Leonard!!!!! Maybe I should have kept this fishes name as Harry haha)

I'm scared of what I will find when I wake up :(

Fins crossed for you guys, Haley! :hug

This morning as I was leaving for work he was just floating at the top of the tank completely parallel (I've never seen a fish do that) and he was just opening and closing his mouth...... I think he's dying :( :( :(

But I had to leave for work so there was really not much I could do...... Man I feel like c***. This all just happened so fast! He was fine 2 days ago :(

I'm so sorry Haley :(

I really hope he starts doing better.

:( Oh no! I'm so sorry Haley. Sending you both lots of healing vibes and cyber hugs. :hug

I'm so sorry, Haley. Let us know how he is once you are back at home.

Well he is still alive, but just sitting on the bottom once again and still opening and closing his mouth every once in a while.... Should I try syringe feeding him?

Well he is still alive, but just sitting on the bottom once again and still opening and closing his mouth every once in a while.... Should I try syringe feeding him?

Yes hun... i also sent you the food :)

Do you have enough to add to the water?

200 mg/10 gallons please.

No I don't have enough :( I used almost all the rest that I had in the food

No I don't have enough I used almost all the rest that I had in the food

That's fine. Please try the syringe feeding.

Hang in there! :hug

I just did my first ever syringe feeding.... I guess it went pretty well. He spit out a lot of it but he did eat a bit. I will continue doing this as often as I can (I wish I didn't have work tomorrow!) and maybe he will make an improvement....

Thanks Alex :)

Get well soon, little fishy! :heart

:hug for haley!