Sign in to follow this  
katiehuggins

guess they like oranges!?

I love feeding my goldies fresh food that I know is healthy fir them, so, this morning decided to give them some orange just for a test run, I took those little sacks you see if pull an orange slice apart, so I broke those apart, and what you know they loved it!!!! Sooo healthy for them!

I love feeding my goldies fresh food that I know is healthy fir them, so, this morning decided to give them some orange just for a test run, I took those little sacks you see if pull an orange slice apart, so I broke those apart, and what you know they loved it!!!! Sooo healthy for them!

There's too much sugar in these fruits to feed often. You should limit this to at most once a week.

K, thx I will keep that in mind, I want them to be healthy,thx again dnalex!!! :)

Try some cooked spinach, mine LOVE that too and it is less sugary. :)

Oh kewl!!! I have tried lettuce, grapes, oranges, carrots, and squash! But mine love the leaves off of dandelionstems!

Ahardey, what do you feed them on a regular basis? Just wondering. Ifeed mine blanched lettuce blood worms, and occassionally that orange.

I feed a lot of veggie table scraps to my fish, pretty much every day. He likes spinach, lettuce, peas, beans, garlic, orange, ... not so crazy about carrots or cabbage.

I feed my goldfish hikari purple pellets, spirulina flakes, hikari lionhead, Mazuri omnivore gel food, repashy soilent green gel food, cooked spinach, cooked peas occasionally, frozen brine shrimp, frozen bloodworms, and I have tried orange before and they really liked it but that is more of a once a month treat. I do a lot of variety and try and do blood worms a few times a week to encourage wen growth on my oranda and ranchu.

Where do they sell gel food, I would like to know, I would love to try that!!! =)

Like beans in what way, baked, refried, or any beans or uncooked beans? Maybe....

Like beans in what way, baked, refried, or any beans or uncooked beans? Maybe....

Green beans and lima beans.

You can get repashy and the hikari purple at the tastyworms site and I get mazuri from goldfish utopia online.

What fresh foods are extremly shugary, that I should only once a week?

Fruits. I only ever feed mine fruit once a month or so, the same day right before I do my water change. This is so the sugars and acids aren't sitting in the water, which could mess up pH in an unstable situation..