Advice on Goldfish Vacation Care

My family and I are going down south for a vacation in less than a week and my neighbor is feeding my Goldfish. The tank will not be able to be cleaned for around two weeks. How often would you advise me to feed my goldfish? 20 gallon tank, one Black Moor.

Thank you. :)

Is your tank cycled?

What are your water parameters typically looking like after a water change?

Is there no way your neighbor can do one water change?

I will have to keep up with this post ;), I'm going on vacation next Thursday and I will be gone for about 4-5 days and I have to trust my brother with feeding my fish while they are on prazi and salt.....

I will have to keep up with this post ;), I'm going on vacation next Thursday and I will be gone for about 4-5 days and I have to trust my brother with feeding my fish while they are on prazi and salt.....

Four to five days is perfectly fine for a fast, as goldfish can go for up to a week without food. That is, unless they are on medicated food.

Four to five days is perfectly fine for a fast, as goldfish can go for up to a week without food. That is, unless they are on medicated food.

Nope normal food :). Thanks!

We had a similar set-up to yours last summer when we went on vacation for 10 days. Basically, we changed the water immediately before leaving, adding some duckweed to the top which we knew he liked to eat. My friend had orders to come in on days 5 and 8, and add the very few pellets we had sorted and put in two separate plastic bags. We came home, changed the water and everything was fine.

Thank you for the advice! I don't have any water parameters.

You should look in to getting API master freshwater test kit. It's important to know the parameters of your tank and how high the nitrates might get. It also helps if anything goes wrong as it will give crucial information to the mods! Just a thought! Have fun on vacation! :D

We had a similar set-up to yours last summer when we went on vacation for 10 days. Basically, we changed the water immediately before leaving, adding some duckweed to the top which we knew he liked to eat. My friend had orders to come in on days 5 and 8, and add the very few pellets we had sorted and put in two separate plastic bags. We came home, changed the water and everything was fine.

I did the same! I just walked in the door from South Carolina and I put tons of anubias for them to eat before I left. I also put food in bags and changed the water right before I left.