Sign in to follow this  
Mernany

Background Idea

So I have an idea for a background. My tank is Egyptian themed and so the background is going to be two pyramids and the sun setting inbetween.

Here's very a rough sketch:

006-2.jpg

So here is my plan thus far... I'm going to get a nice, sturdy, type of poster board and paint it with the design above with so nice bright colors. Then I would modg podge (spelling?) it with the outdoor kind and attach it to the back.

Thoughts?

With my south park background, I used acrylic paint and posterboard. Then a spray that sets the paint. You can find it in any craft store with the paints. It is used mostly for oil paintings. So if your store splits up the paints into "adult"/"child" paints like mine does, look in the oil pain section. Then I just used packaging tape to seal the edges to the tank. That was about 6 months ago and the background still looks perfect.

Sent from my SCH-I535

I like these Egyptian-theme tanks. Looking forward to seeing the results!

I like it. How about using blue and gold paint?

If only my family wouldn't think it's annoying lol love it!

very cool! are you going to draw it?

I'm planning on sketching it out and painting it... I'm not the best artist so it might take awhile to figure it out.

With my south park background, I used acrylic paint and posterboard. Then a spray that sets the paint. You can find it in any craft store with the paints. It is used mostly for oil paintings. So if your store splits up the paints into "adult"/"child" paints like mine does, look in the oil pain section. Then I just used packaging tape to seal the edges to the tank. That was about 6 months ago and the background still looks perfect.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Southpark like the show??? Do you have a picture?? That's good to know about that spray I'll look into that!

It looks really good! It's like what is in your tank is in the Nile, and everything else is off in distance. Cool idea. :)

Thanks Dan! I'm starting the project today.... currently standing in line at Walmart.... ugh

It's turning out perfect! That one art class I took in high school is totally worth it! I'll post a pic tomorrow for you all!

It's turning out perfect! That one art class I took in high school is totally worth it! I'll post a pic tomorrow for you all!

Cant wait to see it :)

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR COMPLETED PROJECT. :)

Tomorrow morning I'll get you guys some pictures of what I have now. Too bad I have to work all day tomorrow.... I'm going to work on Oct tomorrow after work while watching Harry potter five!

This is it so far!

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

You are very good! :)

I think it looks great! Can't wait to see it finished and on your tank :)

Looks great!!!! Perfect color's.

Thanks everyone!! I can't wait for it to be on the tank!!!

You are very good! :)

I'm not good just good enough :tomuch:

oh I love what you've done so far :) looking forward to seeing the finished product :)