Sign in to follow this  
Elle456

Eggs?

Just feeding my fish and noticed about five short strands of white stuff? I did take a pic but very hard to see

1A2CDAB5-82E3-442C-BAFF-7F55E7010553-815-000000B7823C7260_zpsf972bb6e.jpg

Do eggs float, sink? Do they even look like that or are they layed in singles? Should I try remove them as I have lots of guppys?

If this is a guppy tank, guppies are live bearers (give birth to fry, don't lay eggs).

GF eggs are round, not long strands.

That looks like poo with bubbles in it. Eggs are single little transparent things that adhere to surfaces.

If this is a guppy tank, guppies are live bearers (give birth to fry, don't lay eggs).

GF eggs are round, not long strands.

It's actually a goldfish pond with 4 comets and 20-30 guppies, i don't think it's poop because while I was looking at strands I saw my biggest fish poop and it's brown, the guppys could be mosquito fish but I just know them to be guppys do they lay eggs?

That looks like poo with bubbles in it. Eggs are single little transparent things that adhere to surfaces.

Would the eggs still stick if they weren't fertilized?

Would the eggs still stick if they weren't fertilized?

Yep. :)

Sometimes female fish absorb eggs and they come out in their feces. It looks white and wiggly like that. Those are not goldfish eggs. They could be reabsorbed eggs that came out in poop though. Goldfish poop can differ a lot depending on what they eat. White poop is also a sign of bacterial infections, but I don't think thats what's happening here. Bacterial infection poop is long, thin, white and stringy.

They are also not guppy eggs, as previously stated, guppies are live bearers.

Sometimes female fish absorb eggs and they come out in their feces. It looks white and wiggly like that. Those are not goldfish eggs. They could be reabsorbed eggs that came out in poop though. Goldfish poop can differ a lot depending on what they eat. White poop is also a sign of bacterial infections, but I don't think thats what's happening here. Bacterial infection poop is long, thin, white and stringy.

They are also not guppy eggs, as previously stated, guppies are live bearers.

I agree. That looks like reabsorbed egg poop from a goldfish ;) it is usually white and looks zig zaggy