My babies had babies!

JamieMonster

Yep- both eggs with eyes in the tank, and an extra special surprise- some newly hatched fry sticking to the glass, and filter inlet tubes- very close to the floating hornwort where the eggs are.

I tried to take pics, but they are all just way too small, and my camera sucks way too much.

I got out as many eggs as I could, and 1 of the teeny hatchlings- keeping the adult fish in the tank well fed, for now, so they hopefully leave the hornwort area alone, and we'll see if any of the other babies can make it long enough to be netted out to a nursery tank.

I will post pics as soon as I am able to get any that you can tell what is going on!

In the past 3-4 days, Clementine, Penelope, and Lily have all been seen getting some attention from my boys Mocha, Murray, Ralphie, and Jack- the 3 females I have seen possibly spawning are all orandas, the dads I have seen possibly spawning, as well, are 2 orandas, a butterfly tele, and a ryukin. (other males in the tank include a ribbontail, a lionhead, and a ranchu. Other females= a ribontail, black moor, and a lionhead.)- could make for some interesting little ones!

Yep- both eggs with eyes in the tank, and an extra special surprise- some newly hatched fry sticking to the glass, and filter inlet tubes- very close to the floating hornwort where the eggs are.

I tried to take pics, but they are all just way too small, and my camera sucks way too much.

I got out as many eggs as I could, and 1 of the teeny hatchlings- keeping the adult fish in the tank well fed, for now, so they hopefully leave the hornwort area alone, and we'll see if any of the other babies can make it long enough to be netted out to a nursery tank.

I will post pics as soon as I am able to get any that you can tell what is going on!

In the past 3-4 days, Clementine, Penelope, and Lily have all been seen getting some attention from my boys Mocha, Murray, Ralphie, and Jack- the 3 females I have seen possibly spawning are all orandas, the dads I have seen possibly spawning, as well, are 2 orandas, a butterfly tele, and a ryukin. (other males in the tank include a ribbontail, a lionhead, and a ranchu. Other females= a ribontail, black moor, and a lionhead.)- could make for some interesting little ones!

Outstanding!

:clapping:

Ok- I got some kind of OK pics- LOL. I also managed to get 2 or 3 more of the hatched babies with the turkey baster. They are all, eggs and hatchlings, in a little tupperware thingy for now, floating on top of 4 gallons of water in a 10 gallon tank. 2 gallons from the tank they hatched in, and 2 fresh gallons, Waiting for PH and temp to equalize, and then I will add them on in!

Eggs stuck to glass & filter return pipe:

IMG_20130401_181414_zpsc1af21f7.jpg

teeny eyes in eggs clinging to hornwort needles:

IMG_20130401_194045_zps3d9fb20b.jpg

eggs in the bottom of the plastic tub floating on the tank water:

IMG_20130401_194037_zpsa139f6d9.jpg

Look at that! Teeny eggs!

IMG_20130401_194022_zpsbda479d2.jpg

Thanks, guys!!!

Aww cool, congrat's :)

Update? :D

First of all, thanks for all the help, Fang!

They are doing good! The eggs hatched- I think all of them that I saved, as I don't see any "duds" on the bottom. I think there are about 2 dozen in there.The babies are free swimming, as of today. The baby food came today, too- just in time! I went ahead and added 2 smaller than marble sized mystery snails in today, since the babies are swimming and not clinging, anymore, to help with tank clean up. Aging some water for a water change tomorrow.

Gonna TRY to grab a video of the little guys eating tonight, with their PM feeding. Hopefully, they are big enough to see them in a vid. If not, definitely next week. I can say that they definitely have their parents' appetites, though! Strong eaters. :D

Any time, dear! :)

Cool! I found snails very helpful in the growout tank since they took care of uneaten food, which quickly grows fungus. Especially protein rich food seems to stick more to the bottom and will often remain even when vacuuming the bottom.

The snail poop on the other hand is dark and easy to see and clean up, even with a turkey baster.

You should get some photos too, it will be fun to compare size in a couple weeks! :)

Any time, dear! :)

Cool! I found snails very helpful in the growout tank since they took care of uneaten food, which quickly grows fungus. Especially protein rich food seems to stick more to the bottom and will often remain even when vacuuming the bottom.

The snail poop on the other hand is dark and easy to see and clean up, even with a turkey baster.

You should get some photos too, it will be fun to compare size in a couple weeks! :)

Ok- I'll try to snap some pics, too. :D

Fun times!

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments of congratulations, and support, guys!

Here are 2 videos of the babies. They are mostly 3 days old, and just began free swimming today. Here they are eating baby brine shrimp. They are still so teeny it is hard to get them on video, and the images are kind of blurry. I couldn't get a clear shot with the camera for still pics at all. I'll try again for those in a couple of days. Look at these little cutie nomming down!

View through the tank glass:

th_VID_20130406_213329_zps73f97d7d.jpg

View from above:

th_VID_20130406_213832_zpsfd9ebccf.jpg

Tomorrow is water change, and a little bit of tank cleaning day- not going to nutty with it, as they are still so small, I don't want to do anything to shock them. Fingers crossed a few of these little guys make it! :D