cleaning the new tank :)

Well spent all day cleaning the new tank. ordered the new filter and sand. so wont be long before i get going :) .

p.s in my other tank there are some red marks on the glass, could this be down to the live blood worms i gave them yesterday ?

Bloodworms do contain a fair amount of haemoglobin-like fluid, although I've never heard of it ending up on the glass. Are you sure it's not a scuff on the outside of the tank?

I feed blood worms 3x a week and have not seen any red marks on the glass so hmmmm?? I don't know but I wouldn't "think" it was from that.

There is a red-ish kind of algae. Could it be that? I don't think FBW would stain the glass. :idont

Isn't it a good feeling after you spent a day with the fish and their tank sparkles and its because of your hard work! They say thanks.

Flipper

There is a red-ish kind of algae. Could it be that?

I'm fairly certain the vast majority of red algae is marine, although I know some freshwater varieties do exist.

Crabs, was it furry or fuzzy at all? Red algae looks similar to black brush algae from what I've read.