Sign in to follow this  
4prettyfish

When do you go to medium?

I'm curious when do you size up on your small sinking pellet food? How big (inches) was your fish when you sized up from small pellets to medium/large? My new fish is about 5 to 5 1/4 inches and I can see a huge difference in her big mouth to my smaller fish. I guess this is one of the draw backs of having different size fish. I don't want to change size as of yet but thought this would be a good topic and my curiosity is getting me. :)

Well with mine is when they can suck down about 5-6 pellets at a time :o

oohhhh. She gets several in her mouth at once like a vacuum. I think the only fish I have that get maybe two in their mouths at a time is my little black moor and pearlscale. The other two fish are quick to eat and get several in their mouths also. Maybe I should size up but I still have a ton of food left.

Edited by 4prettyfish

I still feed my big guys little food, just more of it :) you should be in no rush to get the bigger size!

That title. :rofl I'm like a psychic type medium? :blink::rofl2

I think we were separated at birth, or something, in some very warped alternate universe... I thought exactly the same thing. :krazy:

I think we were separated at birth, or something, in some very warped alternate universe... I thought exactly the same thing. :krazy:

Word. :rofl

Even my little fish eat Pro-Gold, so there won't be any size switches lol

I still feed my big guys little food, just more of it :) you should be in no rush to get the bigger size!

Thanks. I'm in no rush because I do have a lot of pellets still. I just got to wondering and was curious about others here. I have been feeding more of pellets it seems and it still is gone in a min. or two.

Oh my gosh I didn't even realize what I said. I got to laughing out loud after I read your comment. Then I had to go check again what my title said. :yikes ha ha ha ha

I thought nothing of my title but pure goldfish "medium" pellets. ha ha ha ha You guys are funny. Really, thanks for making me laugh out loud.

Even my little fish eat Pro-Gold, so there won't be any size switches lol

I don't use pro gold so I don't know how big or small it is. I take it it's pretty big for them.

Like I tell my daughter: I'm cracking myself up. :lol1 I just read my title again. I can see why some of you people might think differently on my title. :hummm But this is a fish forum. :heart

I feed a combination of saki hikari purple and Omega One small sinking pellets. They are very small. I just make sure I give my big guy an extra mouthful. And it does seem like a couple mouthfuls each only takes seconds. I just do what SaraJo does and give a little more to the larger fish.

I feed a combination of saki hikari purple and Omega One small sinking pellets. They are very small. I just make sure I give my big guy an extra mouthful. And it does seem like a couple mouthfuls each only takes seconds. I just do what SaraJo does and give a little more to the larger fish.

That's what I've been doing....giving extra. When I finally get done with what I have (which might take forever) I might consider going up a size. hmmm! :idont I'll have to check to see what the medium size looks like. Thank you for your input.