New camera; New pictures ;)

Dad got me to buy a new camera today, even though I have used his last one more than he has, but hey, any excuse to borrow the credit card! I really love the picture quality, and more importantly, the sport setting on it, so the photos are quite clear even when they're darting around!

So, naturally, like any normal person (people who don't have fish are weird) I took some photos of my severely underfed fish. Enjoy! :)

IMG_0753_zps442dd5b0.jpg

IMG_0805_zpsf0eeb31a.jpg

IMG_0791_zps691310a8.jpg

IMG_0803_zps1bc1f954.jpg

IMG_0774_zpsf73f7697.jpg

derp

IMG_0776_zps3fab6522.jpg

IMG_0738_zps7c3d29fb.jpg

IMG_0730_zps3ecbd31c.jpg

IMG_0725_zpsc8543941.jpg

IMG_0720_zpsd9f70954.jpg

As you do...

IMG_0807_zpscee49aa0.jpg

PHOTOBOMB

IMG_0797_zpsf2fac14d.jpg

Momo's new friend

IMG_0800_zpsbc232668.jpg

Aaaand, best for last...

IMG_0759_zpsb82020d3.jpg

Edited by Narny105

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL photos!! And you simply must enter that last photo in POTW, its so great!

Your fish are gorgeous! Love your ryu!

What camera did you get?

It came with a second lens, too. The lens I used for the photos is the EF-S 18-55mm, and the second one is the EF-S 55-220mm

I'm keen to try out the other settings on it! The close up setting is way more clear for the fish, but they're just too fast :rofl

Edited by Narny105

I'm really worried :(

I can see their rib cages in some of these. Or...wait no that's just extra fat and muscle :)

They look sooo nice. Their colors are great. Is your ryukin a bit of a special needs guy or just a clumsy swimmer? The photo clarity is amazing.

Edited by GreenTea

I'm really worried :(

I can see their rib cages in some of these. Or...wait no that's just extra fat and muscle :)

They look solo nice. Their colors are great. Is your ryukin a bit of a special needs guy or just a clumsy swimmer? The photo clarity is amazing.

haha Thanks! Mr Bigglesworth (my ryukin) is just a clumsy swimmer, but I am also leaning to special needs :P He often swims upside down :rofl

I know its never a good thing when they do that, but I do think it looks pretty neat. When they're swimming upside down for a second I mean. Not the poor guys who float at the top..

Great fish. They're bigger every time you post!

I know its never a good thing when they do that, but I do think it looks pretty neat. When they're swimming upside down for a second I mean. Not the poor guys who float at the top..

Great fish. They're bigger every time you post!

I've never seen it as an issue, mainly because he still has really good control over his swimming when he goes upside down, and will often swim in loops, but I'm glad it's not an actual issue. He's done it ever since I got him :)

Awesome photos and great choice in camera haha :) I had one very similar to that, but have since upgraded, but I know you'll get a lot of great use out of it!

I love these photos too, your fish look such characters.

Awesome photos and great choice in camera haha :) I had one very similar to that, but have since upgraded, but I know you'll get a lot of great use out of it!

Thank you! What camera do you use? You're a photographer, right? :) I'm loving the camera. Won't be getting sleep tonight :rofl

Beautiful photos, Alex. Too bad your fish are so scrawny. :)

I'll up the feeding. Thanks! :rofl

The photos are fantastic!! "As you do" is now my new most favorite photo ever, I just made it my new desktop background, if you don't mind :rofl

Haha no problem! Glad you like the picture :D

Wonderful pictures. Thank you for sharing. I expect a lot more!!

Thanks! You'll be sick of my posts by the end of my photo spree :rofl

Thank you! What camera do you use? You're a photographer, right? :) I'm loving the camera. Won't be getting sleep tonight :rofl

Yep :) I use to have the Canon 400d so just a bit below the one you have now, but I upgraded to the Canon 5d mark iii. It's pretty amazing, but all canon cameras are good!

:clapping: Great shots! Those bellies fish are all just gorgeous!! :rofl

Keep em coming, Alex. :D

:rofl thanks Lisa! :)

Super shots, lovely fish, great camera! The last picture is very impressive :thumbs:

Do you use additional light or just aquarium and day light?

Thank you :) Just the tank light. It's pretty bright though, and my last camera did well with it, too :)

Oh my gosh! I cannot get enough of these.

Tell your dad I say thanks :D

Will do! :P Thanks!

Great shots, #2! :)

Thank you :)