Mandie's Extremely Confusing New Tank/Quarantine Thread! (You've been warned!)

Okie dokie! Sounds good!

One question. The filter isn't cycled enough to go 3 days without a wc.... What should I do?

test your water daily, if the ammonia plus nitrite is below 1ppm, add prime instead of a water change. If it is above, then do a water change. If you have to do a water change between days 1-3, just add back in the prazi you took out, but hopefully you will be able to get through 3 days without a water change with the prime :)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ughhhh

there is no way i can go a day without a wc. it has been one day and nitrites are at .5 and ammonia at 0.25... so daily wcs with prazi...will thatbe ok?

Daily water changes are fine, just add back in the prazi you take out, and do a 100% change at the end of day 3 or beginning of day 4 :) (you can also do two large back to back changes if you want to try to leave him in)

Is he eating some of his food or spitting it all out? Can you take a look at the color of his gills and try to look in his mouth to see if there is any obvious irritation/lumps etc

Also , did the spitting start when you switched to progold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ughhhh

there is no way i can go a day without a wc. it has been one day and nitrites are at .5 and ammonia at 0.25... so daily wcs with prazi...will thatbe ok?

Daily water changes are fine, just add back in the prazi you take out, and do a 100% change at the end of day 3 or beginning of day 4 :) (you can also do two large back to back changes if you want to try to leave him in)

okay :) so is 2 75% wcs like 1 100%? do I add back all 0.3%?

Is he eating some of his food or spitting it all out? Can you take a look at the color of his gills and try to look in his mouth to see if there is any obvious irritation/lumps etc

hmmm...I'm not home right now, but I'll check ASAP :)

Also , did the spitting start when you switched to progold?

yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

two 75% ones are close enough :) Just do as large of a water change as you can 2x ;)

Salt should be at .1% now, and yes, add back in the .1%

Let me know about the gills etc., but it sounds like if this happened with the switch to progold, it may just be the food he is not used to it or something. You could try soaking the pellets for 30 sec and see if that makes a difference.

oops sorry!

I've been busy these past couple days.

he is eating the food now, which is good. norton seems to have trouble eating the new food though.

gills look good :)

good :)

have you tried soaking it for norton? You could even break it up into smaller pieces if you think size is an issue (I would be surprised if it was, but if he is used to something smaller :idont)

I always soak the food for both of them, they do eat it, but norton doesn't seem to eat it as fast as omega one. who knows, maybe I'm going insane ;)

it's day 4 of prazi I'm about to do 100% WC. do I add any prazi or salt after?

Edited by pandamanda111

what on earth

I just grabbed Wallie to put him/her back in, and something squirted on me, and it's this tiny little clear round egg like thing...is Wallie a girl??

holy cow s/he did not enjoy that water change one bit

Edited by pandamanda111

Well, you'd be tired too after releasing a ton of eggs :rofl

She should perk up soon.

would I? :rofl

are the fertilized? how can you tell? and why on earth would she do a thing like that? :rofl

I didn't squeeze, but she started flipping out when I picked her up, which might have done it...poor little thing, she's probably super stressed!

Yes, she is probably a bit stressed, but she should be OK :)

The eggs are most definitely are fertilized, since there are no boys around. :rofl

Have you cleaned up the eggs, or has she eaten them all? I've always thought Wallace is quite a good name for a girl. :rofl

Yes, she is probably a bit stressed, but she should be OK :)

The eggs are most definitely are fertilized, since there are no boys around. :rofl

Have you cleaned up the eggs, or has she eaten them all? I've always thought Wallace is quite a good name for a girl. :rofl

Okay :)

Leave me alone Alex :cry: :rofl (I figured that she was with boys at RG!) :P

She hasn't eaten tem all, there are a few on the bottom...should I get them out in the morning? (It's 11 and I'm in bed! Oops)

Me too! If baby J is a girl, I think it just might be the perfect name! :rofl

Edited by pandamanda111

She will probably have eaten all the eggs by morning, which is fine. If by tomorrow when you get home and there are some still around, you should get rid of them. The eggs won't be fertilized, because that part takes place AFTER the eggs have been laid. :P

Oh okay :) she doesn't pick around in the little dusting of sand in the tank, for some reason, but ill check in the morning :! Thanks :)

Really? Oh. My bad! ;):P

Maybe that's why she's so chunky? Full of eggs?

Oh god when I get her in norton's tank this is going to be a mess :doh11:

Thanks for your help alex