Mandie's Extremely Confusing New Tank/Quarantine Thread! (You've been warned!)

oh my gosh...I just put on gloves and looked through one of the pots...the root tab turned to MUSH...

root tab mush shouldn't cause any harm to norton, right? I mean it IS in fact meant for aquariums

Edited by pandamanda111

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my gosh...I just put on gloves and looked through one of the pots...the root tab turned to MUSH...

root tab mush shouldn't cause any harm to norton, right? I mean it IS in fact meant for aquariums

I think they are supposed to break down like that lol

I think they are supposed to break down like that lol

thy didnt last time! I had them in there for 6 months and when I took them out they were solid

oh GOD Amanda :doh11: :doh11:

Edited by pandamanda111

really??? what about the smell?? :o

I have root tabs with the plants, which are black...but I've never bad a problem before! I took the plants and the pots out, and threw away the sand and put the plants in a bucket, but I'm not sure they'll live too long in there...

could this have anything to do with the salt or prazi reacting with the root tabs...?

thanks SO much

Could the prazi do it like she said?

oh lord I just looked it up, yeah, they're supposed to break down :rofl

wow. I'm so sorry about that Alex...my bad!! it did not do that last time!!

next question! (I'm so sorry)

Wallace is still not very active. he stays in one spot most of the time! do you think that's just his "personality," or could he not be feeling well?

I'm really sorry for being such a drama queen guys ;)

Wallace is still not very active. he stays in one spot most of the time! do you think that's just his "personality," or could he not be feeling well?

I wouldn't worry about him not moving too much Paprika is the same way. He's got a favorite spot and when he does move around it's almost like he's looking for a way out. I think he believes this "pond" is too small lol

I wouldn't worry about him not moving too much Paprika is the same way. He's got a favorite spot and when he does move around it's almost like he's looking for a way out. I think he believes this "pond" is too small lol

okay :) hopefully he gets more active soon. thanks :)

Try to give him stimulating things to do in the tank :)

like what? :)

Try to give him stimulating things to do in the tank :)

Like fake plants?

Yes, and pebbles...

i was thinking about that! i wanted to get some small pebbles that he can pick up and spit out, but i've heard they can choke on them, plus isnt it better to have a bare-bottom tank during QT? I would like to get gravel again though if i can.

Yes, and pebbles...

Hmmm I'll have to look at getting him some!

i was thinking about that! i wanted to get some small pebbles that he can pick up and spit out, but i've heard they can choke on them, plus isnt it better to have a bare-bottom tank during QT? I would like to get gravel again though if i can.

It is better but only for clean water per poses I think. So pebbles and fake plants would be okay if they need something! I wanna see a pic when you put things in!

hey! :)

why size should pebbles be so they won't choke on them? I want to get some for them, and I want them small enough for the fishies to pick up and spit out, but I'm not sure if they could choke on regular sized gravel? any ideas?

hey! :)

why size should pebbles be so they won't choke on them? I want to get some for them, and I want them small enough for the fishies to pick up and spit out, but I'm not sure if they could choke on regular sized gravel? any ideas?

I know they can't really pick them up but I like those shiny colored or clear stones like you would put in a vase of fake flowers... I don't know what they're called but they are pretty and he could push them around :)

okay, gotcha. so it either needs to be sand or rocks too big for them to pick up.

so it has officially been a week with the new guy!

he hasn't really shown any concerning symptoms. should I continue with salt, or should I do prazi?

Lol. How is he doing? Is he still yawning?

Could you post a video of him mandie so we can check out behavior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aw, he is so pretty :heart

Let's go ahead and do 4 rounds of prazi for him :) Drop salt to .1% and follow the 5 day protocol in this link http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/105076-schedules-for-the-treatment-of-flukes-etc-using-praziquantel/

Let me know if you need any clarification :)