Mandie's Extremely Confusing New Tank/Quarantine Thread! (You've been warned!)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

urg. norton is missing a chunk from his tail as of this morning and it is on the bottom of the tank! he must have caught it on something, but I don't know what! I want to take it out whatever it is. I just have plants. could it have gotten caught in the filter?

okay! thanks. :)

that's what I told my mom but she started freaking out saying that I hurt him when I weighed him yesterday... :doh11:

Wallace is fabulous!

do you think 50-75% wcs every day will be okay? he wasn't acting weird when the ammonia was 0.5, when I had a cycle bump a while ago norton started acting weird so I knew something was up.

Wallace is happily eating his food and the redness in his tail is almost gone. I don't really see anything to be concerned about besides occasional yawning.

am I eventually going to prazi him or no? and should I up the salt to 0.2?

Edited by pandamanda111

that's what I told my mom but she started freaking out saying that I hurt him when I weighed him yesterday... :doh11:

Wallace is fabulous!

do you think 50-75% wcs every day will be okay? he wasn't acting weird when the ammonia was 0.5, when I had a cycle bump a while ago norton started acting weird so I knew something was up.

Wallace is happily eating his food and the redness in his tail is almost gone. I don't really see anything to be concerned about besides occasional yawning.

50-75% daily will be fine, the prime will cover the ammonia that builds up between water changes. If there is a day where you are unable to do a water change for some reason, you can add a double dose of prime if ammonia + nitrite are under 1 ppm.

Please do raise salt to .3% :) I'd like him to be at .3% salt for a week. Lets asses the need for prazi after that.

Wallace is fabulous!

50-75% daily will be fine, the prime will cover the ammonia that builds up between water changes. If there is a day where you are unable to do a water change for some reason, you can add a double dose of prime if ammonia + nitrite are under 1 ppm.

Please do raise salt to .3% :) I'd like him to be at .3% salt for a week. Lets asses the need for prazi after that.

okie dokie! thanks Jess

I have been adding a double dose of prime with each water change :)

Edited by pandamanda111

Can Wallace have 15 pellets tomorrow? I've had him for 4 days and I am doing daily 75% wcs

I don't see why not :)

btw.... I have been a terrible person and am just sending out the pg tomorrow! Sorry!!! I have been so busy this week so far, but its all packed up and ready to go and I have time tomorrow afternoon to get to the post office. I am going to send it priority mail so it shouldn't take long to get to you ;)

Can Wallace have 15 pellets tomorrow? I've had him for 4 days and I am doing daily 75% wcs

I don't see why not :)

btw.... I have been a terrible person and am just sending out the pg tomorrow! Sorry!!! I have been so busy this week so far, but its all packed up and ready to go and I have time tomorrow afternoon to get to the post office. I am going to send it priority mail so it shouldn't take long to get to you ;)

Okay cool! Thanks.

Don't worry about it! That's totally fine. Take all the time you need :)

So can I weigh him and give him the amount he should regularly eat starting Friday? (That will be one week from the day I got him)

Sorry I should have added this to the last post ;)

Yes, you can weigh him if you like ;) I would definitely use a tupper ware to scoop him up to get him over to the scale, as this will probably be the least stressful way to handle him.

Is he at .3% salt now?

oh my god help what is going on

the sand in the plant pots in my tank turned black and I took them out and it smells HORRIBLE and there is some of the black sand in the tank still what should I do I can't get it out will he die if he tries to eat it??!!

really??? what about the smell?? :o

I have root tabs with the plants, which are black...but I've never bad a problem before! I took the plants and the pots out, and threw away the sand and put the plants in a bucket, but I'm not sure they'll live too long in there...

could this have anything to do with the salt or prazi reacting with the root tabs...?

thanks SO much

Edited by pandamanda111