Mandie's Extremely Confusing New Tank/Quarantine Thread! (You've been warned!)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fish has lots of veins and his body seems to have red too. I don't think that traveling was very fun for these guys... heh give him time and he'll realize he's okay now

Hmmm he still won't eat! How long will it take for him to de-stress enough to eat? He must be starving, he hasn't eaten for a while

I wouldn't worry too much about the not eating just yet. Try again tomorrow and let us know if he eats.

I assume he is ignoring food as opposed to trying to eat it then spitting it out?

Mandie, give him another day. He's probably spooked out from the trip. Also, he must have eaten not long before shipping, because he let out a huge poop.

What did you try to feed him? Try something laced with garlic or garlic juice when you try tomorrow. Also, try feeding with lights off. Some of these pond fish can get intimidated by the lights at the beginning.

Mandie, give him another day. He's probably spooked out from the trip. Also, he must have eaten not long before shipping, because he let out a huge poop.

What did you try to feed him? Try something laced with garlic or garlic juice when you try tomorrow. Also, try feeding with lights off. Some of these pond fish can get intimidated by the lights at the beginning.

that wasn't his poo Alex, that was norton's poo ;)

Is yours eating? I tried feeding Wallace and he won't eat.

Nope same problem here... I've tried a pea, a green bean, and some progold but paprika just ignores it.. sigh... I'll try the garlic thing too tomorrow

okay thanks! would it be bad if the filter sucked up pieces of food? (like would it rot in there or something?)

it would be best if you could try to get it out of the tank. You could use a net or a turkey baster :)

I was going to weigh both of them tonight to see how much I should be feeding, but should I wait on Wallace so I don't stress him out more?

he keeps yawning should I be worried?

sorry for all the questions, you guys are amazing

Edited by pandamanda111

I would hold off on weighing wallace. It sounds like he is still pretty stressed. Just guestimate feeding amounts for now :) I'm glad to hear he ate a pellet! :)

Let's wait and see with the yawning. If he is not bottom sitting or clamped up, I am not too worried at this point. I think once he gets settled in a bit more we can assess the situation better :) I assume you are checking your params and doing water changes?

Mandie,

Go slow...just give him a few pellets a day for now, and no more than 10. Once he's more acclimated, then you can give him more. Ten pellets may not seem much, but it's OK for now. :)