Mandie's Extremely Confusing New Tank/Quarantine Thread! (You've been warned!)

8 won't do any harm, however 6 would be plenty. Personally, I would keep the RG fish in QT for the whole prazi treatment, mainly because fish are also in Quarantine to see if anything else pops up :) And then move the fish over to the main tank with Norton.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 won't do any harm, however 6 would be plenty. Personally, I would keep the RG fish in QT for the whole prazi treatment, mainly because fish are also in Quarantine to see if anything else pops up :) And then move the fish over to the main tank with Norton.

Okay thank you Alex :) maybe I'll just do that then :)

Edited by pandamanda111

8 won't do any harm, however 6 would be plenty. Personally, I would keep the RG fish in QT for the whole prazi treatment, mainly because fish are also in Quarantine to see if anything else pops up And then move the fish over to the main tank with Norton.

I just want to clarify that when I suggested you could do the last two rounds together, I did mean that you should time the QT period so that the RG fish was still separated from norton for a month, and the 2 rounds of prazi would fall outside of this QT period, not that you should cut the QT short.

That said, this is not necessary by any means, and since you already started norton on his go ahead and treat them separately for the whole duration as Alex suggested. There's no reason not to do this ;)

8 won't do any harm, however 6 would be plenty. Personally, I would keep the RG fish in QT for the whole prazi treatment, mainly because fish are also in Quarantine to see if anything else pops up And then move the fish over to the main tank with Norton.

I just want to clarify that when I suggested you could do the last two rounds together, I did mean that you should time the QT period so that the RG fish was still separated from norton for a month, and the 2 rounds of prazi would fall outside of this QT period, not that you should cut the QT short.

That said, this is not necessary by any means, and since you already started norton on his go ahead and treat them separately for the whole duration as Alex suggested. There's no reason not to do this ;)

I didn't even read your suggestion, sorry! My comment was completely directed from what I read from mandies post :)

I didn't even read your suggestion, sorry! My comment was completely directed from what I read from mandies post :)

no worries #2! I'm not sure if that suggestion is even in this thread or not. But I just wanted to clarify it so that no one was thinking I was promoting a shortened QT that's all :P

ohhhh okay I guess I misunderstood that then. okay. so 6 rounds of prazi is about 1 month? and should I start the prazi treatment right away when I get the newbie?

6 rounds of prazi is about a month if you use the 5 day protocol (5x6 = 30). I would start the newbie off with just .3% salt for a week when you get him (unless of course he has obvious symptoms of flukes that would require immediate attention), then after the first week of just salt, drop the salt to .1% and start the prazi.

ohhhh okay I guess I misunderstood that then. okay. so 6 rounds of prazi is about 1 month? and should I start the prazi treatment right away when I get the newbie?

6 rounds of prazi is about a month if you use the 5 day protocol (5x6 = 30). I would start the newbie off with just .3% salt for a week when you get him (unless of course he has obvious symptoms of flukes that would require immediate attention), then after the first week of just salt, drop the salt to .1% and start the prazi.

okay sounds good :) thanks jess

Just wipe it down with a 1:20 bleach solution, let it sit for 10 minutes, then wipe it down with water (conditioned 2x with prime). Then let it air dry. That will make sure no bleach products remain, and it's perfectly fine for use :)

Just wipe it down with a 1:20 bleach solution, let it sit for 10 minutes, then wipe it down with water (conditioned 2x with prime). Then let it air dry. That will make sure no bleach products remain, and it's perfectly fine for use :)

Awesome thanks a ton Alex :)

Hi :)

It is day 5 of prazi treatment, and I should be doing a water change and adding salt (should I up it to 0.2?) but I just got home from a trip, and i have a killer headache from being in the car so long...I was wondering if there's any way I could do the ex in the morning, and then another one at night for the day 6 wc?

Sorry

Oh no I've been reading more things on here, and from what I'm reading it seems like people are getting sick veil tails from RG? I remember you mentioned this Jess..

Any idea if it is only veil tails, or should I be worried about my fantail that's arriving or Friday?

I don't have mms or that other medicated food on hand (hmm...I should really order that stuff for just in case...), so I'm worried that if it came sick I wouldn't know what to do!

Oh boy

Edited by pandamanda111

I'm sure your fantail will be fine, Mandie. These are hardy fish! Veils are always a little clunky, as a consequence of having to drag all that fine finnage around.

I'm sure your fantail will be fine, Mandie. These are hardy fish! Veils are always a little clunky, as a consequence of having to drag all that fine finnage around.

Ah, okay! Thanks Alex!

You know me, worrying about everything possible! :rofl

I'm right there with you worrying mandie!! but I'm trusting our new fishies will be healthy!! Just keep an eye one the new guy!