Sign in to follow this  
Black

Spinach question

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but it's difficult to search topics on my phone.

How much spinach should I be feeding?

Since feeding spinach, my tank has never been so dirty (especially the filter sponges!) I feed it once a day as it helps my ranchu with floatyness and keeps her regular. I also alternate feeding pellets, repashy or bloodworms daily.

At the moment I feed both my chu and tele a leaf approximately half as big as their bodies, excluding tail. (They are 12g and 28g)

Is this too much?

Without knowing it, I believe you may have helped me.

My Ryukin fish (one of the two at least) is a bit "floaty" soon after eating, and I only feed them sinking pellets.

...maybe I'll try spinach or I hear peas par-boiled help too.

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question though, but I'm glad to have read your post.

Thanks.

:)

Mr Hyde, I believe peas can cause gas so doesn't really help floatiness.

As to the original question, I think it may be a little too much but then i'm no expert...

As long as they are doing fine on the spinach, it doesn't sound like too much. Spinach makes a big mess in my tank too so he only gets it the day before a water change.

Mr. Hyde, my fish adores peas and never floats on them but it is a matter of trial and error to find out what works for your fish.

MummyDJ and Motherredcap;

Thank you ladies.

Thank you ladies.

My ranchu does better on spinach where as my tele does well on both. Like mother redcap said, it's trial and error. Don't forget to cook the spinach :)

Thank you ladies.

My ranchu does better on spinach where as my tele does well on both. Like mother redcap said, it's trial and error. Don't forget to cook the spinach :)

Oh my goodness, I am glad you told me!

I was just going to throw a small piece in raw :oops:

Thank you ladies.

Such good manners! Must be a Canadian thing. :rofl A quick blanch in declorinated water does the trick. I prefer organic spinach, because spinach is really bad for absorbing all the crap they use to grow things.

Thank you ladies.

Such good manners! Must be a Canadian thing. :rofl A quick blanch in declorinated water does the trick. I prefer organic spinach, because spinach is really bad for absorbing all the crap they use to grow things.

Canadian thing ... :tomuch: !

I have a lot of organic spinach that I try and "encourage" my son (now 3) to eat, so I'm sure he won't mind if I take a few from his supply.

...I just can't touch his chocolate.

Also am glad you specified boiling in declorinated water...didn't think of that one.

You get a thanks too!

Y'all so helpful!

Nope, not a Canadian thing Smegy. :D I don't day it, and I definitely do not say "ladies."

Edited by Orandatchi♥

Nope, not a Canadian thing Smegy. :D I don't day it, and I definitely do not say "ladies."

Give it a few more years Miss Girl, you haven't been alive long enough to have an effect yet. :rofl

Give it a few more years Miss Girl, you haven't been alive long enough to have an effect yet. :rofl

:rofl

I tried to feed my clan spinach a few times.

This is a pretty accurate description of the reaction:

d1a7355766494ccee7d0f4a5f2ebc675.jpg