Water Changing

Guys, help me !!!!!!

I will have to go back to my country for 1 month....I have 4 of 5" goldfishes( 1 ryukin, 1 oranda, 2 ranchu) in a 80 gallon with 2 fluval 306 (75 gallon each filter)....My dad will feed them for me when I am away....So I want to know:

1/ My dad will not change the water....My tank's water is 0 ammonia 0 nitrite 10 Nitrate....Will my fishes live well in this 1 month with this filtration?

2/ How many time they should be fed a day? I usually do 4 times a day.....

Oh my god......I dont know why I just worried for the goldfishes, not my girl friend haha.....

thx for all the input.

• Admin

WOW thats a rough one.... If he cant change the water can you get a friend to do it for you?

If not I would say maybe only feed twice a week.... But this is going to push them to the limit here..... i would also do a 90% water change before you leave :)

Your girlfriend can take care of herself, that's why!! :rofl

Can you get anyone to do a water change for you? Even one or 2 would help tremendously . . .

Feed very sparingly. How often depends on if you can find anyone to do a water change. If not (and I'd really try to find someone trustworthy to do one or 2), I would only feed 2 or 3 times a week, and not much. The more you feed the more waste they will produce. .. .

Good filtration is important but water changes are key. :D

Make sure you do a couple of large back to back water changes before you go to get the nitrates down to 0 if you can.

Whew... tough spot. I hope you have some luck finding a friend to do a WC or two!

I know in Australia there are few people who come to your house and do it for you, often through LFS's or just google companies that do it. I mean if it happens here, America is bound to also do it as long as you live in a somewhat populated area.

Good luck, might be worth looking into if you can :)

Well, this is not the best option out there, but if you cannot find anyone to change your water for you, feed only sparingly every 4-5 days so that you can keep the nitrates as low as possible for that month.

Good luck!

I wish a had a good friend who could take care of by babies when I am away for 1 month....Then, I would gift him or her a pretty ranchu $100 worth....instead of paying $100 to stranger :flex: ..