Help! Snail!

• Supporter

i wonder if there is a health risk treating snails with prazipro and not the powder prazi? i do recall treating with aquamaster fluke and tapeworm tablets my goldfish whilst applesnails frankie and sproket were present throughout the treatment in my tank. they got through that just fine. i have only just started using prazipro, but have no snails.

or perhaps that particular breed of snails does not handle prazi well.

Lol would mama-san be better?

:rofl Oh good googamooga! Let's keep it simple and leave it at Smegy.

Smegy sounds good too me! :rofl

Besides... My real mamma might get jealous :SmackBottom:

This sounds weird... but when you find it, beat it to a pulp like Mimi Smegy :bat:

Excuse young lady? I don't beat everything to a pulp I'll have you know....just most things. :rofl

I just have to ask. What does Mimi stand for? :rofl!

Mimi is just another word for grandma.

Ok :). So kokonuts call you Mimi Smegy?

Your probably young enough to get away away with that lol! 21, not so much :rofl

Sorry I am a little late to the discussion, but I'd like to add my input if that's OK.

In November of 2012, Lisa, Sakura, PSP, Shelly, and I are some of the participants on a thread here about Nerites and Prazi

http://www.kokosgold..._1#entry1306449

I had the misfortune to have killed them all with treatment, and I guess in January 2013, Sakura confirmed my previous observation, that the med can be toxic, when she exposed her Nerites to prazi. However, PSP did not have any issues, and searching an actual snail forum, the consensus there is that there have been conflicting reports.

So, I don't think that we can make a definitive conclusion here. As always, when in doubt, take the necessary precautions. :)

I'm not sure what kind of snail that little guy was... But ever since I cleaned the Ehiem with prazi water I haven't seen any more :)