Hey guys, Lucas, my fry formerly known as cannibal is being treated for flukes. He was until last night housed with Bill. As of now he is in a 3 gallon bucket because it is all that I have and I can't get anything bigger. I change his water with the prazi schedule (so like day 1, 4, 5.) Instead of doing 50% changes, however, I do full 100% changes just because it would get too gross without it. I'm worried though because he clamps his dorsal and sits at the bottom a lot (this started yesterday). Today is day 2 of round 2 which means he has had clean water the past three days in a row so I'm not suspicious of water quality. Since he's been on his own he's been much more active but still sits most of the time. He moves when I'm around and he sees me so pictures of the sitting are virtually impossible. He has no filter since it's such a small space. He's barely an inch long.

Test Results for the Following:
  • * Ammonia Level (tank): 0
  • * Nitrite Level (tank) 0
  • * Nitrate level (Tank) 0
  • * Ammonia Level (Tap): 0
  • * Nitrite Level (Tap) 0
  • * Nitrate level (Tap) 0
  • * Ph Level, (Tank) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6
  • * Ph Level, (Tap) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 6.8
    Other Required Info:
  • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? api drops
  • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? na
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? prime, baking soda, crushed coral
  • * Water temperature? 72*
  • * How often do you change the water and how much? 100% day 1,4,5

• * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? last night 100%
  • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? since last night
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 1, 1 inch
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? soilent green 2x per day
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? no
  • * Any medications added to the tank? prazi and salt at .1%
  • * List previous issues experienced (dropsy, SBD, etc.) none, but many of his siblings from his round died off last week
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? none
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? bottom sitting, rarely moves his mouth, clamped dorsal, from the looks of his tank, he didn't eat breakfast either =/
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Prazi, this is day 2 round 2
  • * You can really help us to identify with the concern more accurately if you post some pictures and a short video. Pictures on the way!

lucas2.jpg

lucas.jpg

I think you are doing pretty much everything you can do right now. I guess it is time to just wait and see, and let the prazi and salt work. Usually fish are a little worse looking when starting the prazi, but you probably know that already :)

Get well, little Cannibal Lucas! :heart

Thanks =) makes me feel a little better to know I'm not screwing up majorly. I just worry so much when they act so strange. Thanks =)

Poor Hannibal. Has Bill been treated lately? Might not be a bad idea. How is my godson anyway?

Poor Lucas. :( Hope he gets better soon. :hug

thanks, Orandatchi! Smegy, Bill is also on Day 2 Round 2 of prazi and is taking to the prazi suberbly! He's so brightly colored too, like his pop-pop. He actually was bullying cannibal Lucas (jokingly and playfully I'm sure) last night, hence the separation. Also, I thought the extra space might be nice for them. I can't wait to put Bill in with his family but they keep thinking he's dinner.

Kayla, do daily salt dips as well. Start low, like 1%, and then work it up.

The idea is to make sure that he can tolerate higher levels of salt, and then actually going to 3% once you know he can handle it :)

Just a couple more notes:

- you can do more WCs, even during Prazi treatment...the idea is to have 4 fulls days in Prazi, and then 1-3 days out of Prazi. If you do decide to do WCs during treatment, just make sure to add back Prazi, and remove entirely after the 4 days (total) are over.

thanks, Orandatchi! Smegy, Bill is also on Day 2 Round 2 of prazi and is taking to the prazi suberbly! He's so brightly colored too, like his pop-pop. He actually was bullying cannibal Lucas (jokingly and playfully I'm sure) last night, hence the separation. Also, I thought the extra space might be nice for them. I can't wait to put Bill in with his family but they keep thinking he's dinner.

Silly Ursula. Who taught you to eat your babies? :bat: :carrot:<= That fella should be your dinner. :wa

Thanks, Alex! Will do the first dip tonight at 1% and see how he takes to it. As of today, he seems crazy active! Still clamping but more active than before. I'll probably do more water changes for them then because I wasn't sure that I could. Thanks!

Did his salt dip at 1%. He didn't dig it at all! (of course who would enjoy being plucked from home and put in a new home just to be put into a super salty bucket for an eternity then tossed back into the new home.) He's swimming well and did make it through his whole 5 minutes. He does appear to have a little white spot on his side. This happens to Flopsy after salt dips too like a salty burn maybe? He definitely didn't have it before and even now I see it disappearing. Weird. Any way I'll up him to a 2% tomorrow and see how he deals with that. Hopefully he's a trooper like his Momma.

Make it 1.5% :)

Sounds great =)

he despised the 1.5% made it all the way through the five minutes but upon going back to his tub swam all crazily (literally upside down side to side cross tank cross tank) bottom sat and gasped for 5 minutes but is now just fine. Drama queen.

Haha. Let's go up to 2% next, but I may have you stay there and not go any higher lol