Sign in to follow this  
Orangebetsy

Salt bath procedure

Hello

My fantail Blub seems to have a white spot on his anal fin, though I'm not sure certain it's Ich. But I'm not a vet and I don't have a microscope. I previously treated suspected Ich on leading edge of left pectoral fin with Ick Cure twice, but now I wana treat with salt bath, on recomendation. What kind of salt must i use? he's single in a 10 gallon tank, and I'd like to get rid of this 100% if possible before his new 55 gallon luxury home is done cycling---fishlessly of course. No rush, I can keep feeding the 55 with ammonia for 100 years.

Wana make sure he's not bringing souvenirs he got at the fish store! The 10 gal will become the hospital tank.

:fishtank:

Edited by Orangebetsy

You can use aquarium salt or Mortan's canning and pickling salt. Make sure whatever you use doesn't have any added ingredients . . . I would recommend starting a thread in the Diagnosis & Discussion area, along with a picture of the spot you're concerned about so the mods can confirm that a salt bath is the best treatment for your fish.

Were you advised to do a salt bath of a certain percent salt or a salt dip?

oh, i'm new to koko's forum, didn't realize theres a more appropriate place for this. Can I add photos without being a member? i dont see a photo upload option...it was only advised in general that salt bath would be better and safer for Blub than medications

You are a member, since you have an approved username. There is a link in my sig on how to upload pics.

Here is the link to upload pics:

http://www.kokosgold...cs-photobucket/

Please start a thread in the Diagnosis & Discussion section. :D

(Welcome to the forum BTW.)

Edit: sniped by Alex. My day is complete. :rofl

Edited by fantailfan1