Sign in to follow this  
Sakura

Changes!

I made a few changes to my tank decor today, and I like the results! I think it looks better in person than in the video. When I look at the videos and photos I'm a little disappointed, but then I go look at the real thing and I love it. lol Soon I'll be getting new tank lights, so I'm going to make a better video showing it off after that. Right now my lighting is not very good because most of the light bulbs burned out. Anyway, the fish seem really excited about their new scenery! They keep going around grabbing mouthfuls of sand and chewing on it.

To skip the blabbing, just start the video @ 6:18. :P

Oh! And this is just one 20lb. bag of Tahitian Moon Sand! It was surprisingly enough to cover the bottom of the 75g tank. And I anchored the plants by tying suction cups to them with fishing line and suctioning them to the bottom glass.

Looks fantastic really makes the fish pop! Callisto looks like a great flame ball going back and forth :)

It looks really nice. :) Did you add Prime after that, though? :o

Gorgeous. I always love watching your videos and I envy you your fish.

I think it looks very nice! :)

What was that liquid satchel you added? Just curious :)

Starting to think I should add eco complete to my tank. (black) That looks great.

Edited by Hidr

Love it! Somehow the tank looks so much bigger.

I'm so much in love with Callisto, and the more I see Felix in your videos the more I fall for telescopes! I've never cared much for them but I think that might be changing :P

Looks good, I put black sand in my tank last weekend, I immediately regretted it as I have two black moors and I have to strain to see them now! Very silly of me.

Also, I was a bit impatient putting it in and ended up making my tank look like a graveyard scene from a hammer horror film, had to relocate the fish until everything settled down.

I am an idiot at times.

I'm really surprised that one bag went that far. It looks great! Please tell me Callisto is even entertaining the idea of having babies, so GORGEOUS!!!!

I love it! I just used the white sand by them in my 29 gal. I am really wanting to do the black in my 55 gal in the living room.

It looks beautiful, Jennie! I really like those plants. The telescopes have grown a ton!

Wow, I could seriously sit in front of that tank for hours and just zone out on the beauty. The fish and the plants are perfect pops of color on the black. Lovely!

It looks great! cant wait what it will look like with your light upgrade

I just LOVE what you have done :) It really looks fantastic!!!

I have been playing with the idea of adding a sand/crushed coral substrate to my tanks to help with my low ph issue, but in the lighter colors because I want to see my Black Moor Link ;)

:D Very beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it! I always love your videos, I have to tell you again, your fish are stunning. :wub:

Gosh, I'm so happy to see you finally added the moon sand to your tank. I know you've been deliberating this for quite some time now.

It looks very nice.

Looks fantastic really makes the fish pop! Callisto looks like a great flame ball going back and forth :)

Ah, you're right she does! haha Thanks. :)

It looks really nice. :) Did you add Prime after that, though? :o

Thanks! Yes, I did! Good catch though, I didn't film that part.

Gorgeous. I always love watching your videos and I envy you your fish.

Thanks DJ! I'm glad that some people like watching my videos because I love making them. :D

I think it looks very nice! :)

What was that liquid satchel you added? Just curious :)

Thanks Narny! It was the little packet of water clarifier that comes with the sand. ;)

The tank looks so wonderful! I'm inspired! :clapping: Beautiful!!

Thank you Chelsea!

Starting to think I should add eco complete to my tank. (black) That looks great.

Thanks Hidr, and you should! Pics if you do please!

Love it! Somehow the tank looks so much bigger.

I'm so much in love with Callisto, and the more I see Felix in your videos the more I fall for telescopes! I've never cared much for them but I think that might be changing :P

Interesting how adding more stuff can make the tank seem bigger, huh? Yay, another convert to the telescope club! haha :D

Looks good, I put black sand in my tank last weekend, I immediately regretted it as I have two black moors and I have to strain to see them now! Very silly of me.

Also, I was a bit impatient putting it in and ended up making my tank look like a graveyard scene from a hammer horror film, had to relocate the fish until everything settled down.

I am an idiot at times.

Oh gosh yeah, it would be pretty tough to see black fish in a tank with this sand, lol. I don't know if I saw a photo of your tank yet, have you posted photos somewhere?

I'm really surprised that one bag went that far. It looks great! Please tell me Callisto is even entertaining the idea of having babies, so GORGEOUS!!!!

I was surprised too! I might get another bag at some point to cover up the silicone edge at the bottom of the tank. But for now it works! I've never seen any breeding activity whatsoever from Callisto, and I'm still unsure whether "she's" a male or female to be honest, lol. My other three are males. I don't think she'll be having any fry sadly. :/

Beautiful! i love the way you pick them up.

Thanks motherred!

Edited by Sakura

I love it! I just used the white sand by them in my 29 gal. I am really wanting to do the black in my 55 gal in the living room.

Thanks Allison! I saw your thread about that, your tank with the white sand looks awesome. When/if I ever get bored of black sand I might have to try that one.

It looks beautiful, Jennie! I really like those plants. The telescopes have grown a ton!

Thanks Sara Jo! Yeah, they have grown a lot, I'm so proud of the little guys. :heart

Wow, I could seriously sit in front of that tank for hours and just zone out on the beauty. The fish and the plants are perfect pops of color on the black. Lovely!

Thanks Dee Dee! :D

It looks great! cant wait what it will look like with your light upgrade

Thanks Rojo! I just ordered the lights today, hopefully they'll get here next week.

I just LOVE what you have done :) It really looks fantastic!!!

I have been playing with the idea of adding a sand/crushed coral substrate to my tanks to help with my low ph issue, but in the lighter colors because I want to see my Black Moor Link ;)

Thank you Shelly! I think sand mixed with crushed coral would look really awesome. Post pics if you do it!

:D Very beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it! I always love your videos, I have to tell you again, your fish are stunning. :wub:

Thank you Becs!

Gosh, I'm so happy to see you finally added the moon sand to your tank. I know you've been deliberating this for quite some time now.

It looks very nice.

Yeah, I think it's been almost a year that I've been considering it. lol As you can tell, it wasn't that high on the priorities list. Thanks!

Great job! I love it! :clapping:

Thanks Carole!

Love it. What else can I say? Just gorgeous. :D

Thank you Lisa. :D

haven't put a picture up yet but I will do this weekend, think I'll be switching to regular sand soon enough

I like the new look! :) the fish seem to be having a good time too ;)

I've never seen anything but a bare bottom tank of yours. What made you decide to add sand? You make some really nice video's. I love watching them all. I love your new setup and always loved your huge plants. Your goldfish are so beautiful and I bet they are loving their new dig. :)