Chubby fish or eggs?

Elle456

9374C4AB-EE06-455C-BEBF-F8E7A0C533A5-3770-0000066B61152F7A_zpsb455b780.jpg

Here I have the biggest of my 4 fish (the large red and white) not sure on the sex but the belly is very swollen and has been for about 2 weeks, the last 2 days the little one pictured has been chasing her and also the other two, I want them to have babies but have little knowledge on raising fry. If anyone could help I'd be really grateful. Thanks

Sorry what do you mean parameters?

Will get back to you soon

Water parameters are your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, kh/gh and ph readings. If you don't have your own test kit I highly suggest investing in a drop test kit like the API master test kit. Most per stores will also test your water for free if you bring them a sample, just ask them for exact values for the parameters I listed above. It is also helpful to have your tap tested

9374C4AB-EE06-455C-BEBF-F8E7A0C533A5-3770-0000066B61152F7A_zpsb455b780.jpg

Here I have the biggest of my 4 fish (the large red and white) not sure on the sex but the belly is very swollen and has been for about 2 weeks, the last 2 days the little one pictured has been chasing her and also the other two, I want them to have babies but have little knowledge on raising fry. If anyone could help I'd be really grateful. Thanks

it might just be me but I looks like pine coneing but with out a direct above pic I can't be sure

Sorry to bud in

>0000066B61152F7A_zpsb455b780.jpg

it might just be me but I looks like pine coneing but with out a direct above pic I can't be sure

Sorry to bud in

Pine coneing??

Could you catch the fish, then put it in a container to take pictures from directly above, then also gently feel its belly to see if it is soft or firm. Pine coning is when the fish swells up and the scales stick out like a pine cone, we need to know if this is happening.

The fishes belly is really firm scales arnt raised at all. She is a even swimmer ( not staying on bottom or top) please help now I'm scared for my fish, I will buy a test kit first thing tomorrow

1A641FD6-3E47-4880-B432-0072C2D45620-157-0000002206F54EF9_zpsb957a8b3.jpg

6DD7E98B-22FB-468F-8956-8F1964FF74AA-157-00000021EFFE8E4F_zpsab2f3dd9.jpg

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but is she symmetrical or does the swelling look mainly confined to one side?

It is a bit asymmetrical, what does it mean if it is?

Hi Elle,

I'm not a moderator but one should be here shortly. From the pictures, it looks as if there is a place on the left hand side (bottom pic) or right hand side (top pic) where the scales are raised. But you say this is not so? It could simply be a distortion from the photo.

The moderators will really need your water parameter in order to suggest any treatment - should treatment even be necessary.

Her scales are definatly not raised it seems to be the ripples in water along with her pattern that makes it look that way, will have parameters up later if not first thing tomorrow.