Jump to content

Can Eating Algae lead to overeating?


Orangebetsy

Recommended Posts

  • Regular Member

I have my single young fantail, name is Blub, in a 10 gallon now, but his new 55 gallon is just about cycled! I like the look of algae, and Blub has taken a liking to it---however is there a possibility of him overeating? i feed him soaked hikari, peas, and occasional bloodworms from hikari. he's eaten today but is going nuts on the algae. little lines where he's nosed up and down! it's cute but i know goldfish dont seem to have a self-regulator when it comes to eating....should i curtail the algae or just let him go?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member

Algae is a natural food for goldfish, but it takes a lot of work to get a meal's worth. That's why goldfish want to eat all day. They have to if they aren't being fed pellets -- a day's worth of dehydrated food in one little swallow. You may overfeed your fish with pellets, but not with algae.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...