Willie the Willow

After a water change I got to take some decent photos of the little guy. He is feisty and will not hold still for a second.

The tear in his dorsal has almost fully healed and the ammonia spots are mostly gone as well. The tear in the caudal has healed a lot as well, and he has put on a bit of weight.

Willie sure is one of the goofiest looking fish of mine. He already has quite big eyes. If they turn out to be the same size as Kupo's, I will be forever laughing every time I look at him :rofl2

100_0686_zpsd20aa947.jpg

100_0687_zps861d73df.jpg

100_0688_zpsdf2a2a82.jpg

100_0691_zps0255055d.jpg

100_0692_zpsa1667a48.jpg

I swear, it sure is worth to take a close look at those feeder tanks from time to time. Obviously you can find the most unlikely goldfish in there :D

I have to agree with Hidr. As much as i would to find a little gem, i don't know where I would put it. I started looking in the feeder tank while waiting for someone at the LFS and had to stop just in case I saw someone special.

Very cool. Would not do for me to look I would bring it home and three is my max in the 55. Really it is.

Then you end up like me, with a total of 10 fish containers in your living room :rofl

He's beautiful! Another breed to have on a wish list, for sure!!

They are so precious, aren't they? Hard to find though. You may have to keep looking online, or checking these feeder tanks for a lucky find :)

He's sooo cute! :D :D :D Is he a tele common mix?

Mostly, yes. But when crossing a comet and a teles, you will usually not yield any of these, or only very few. The gene for the telescope eyes is recessive, while the genes of a common/comet are the strongest, since they are closes to the "natural" look of goldfish. When you have comet x teles hybrids, you are most likely to yield fantail type fish, as well as some comets/commons and telescopes. Maybe even single tailed telescopes, but they are more than likely fat like the telescope parent.

The true long bodied single tail fish with telescope eyes is more like a freak of nature. Similar to how a human couple of blond, blue eyed Caucasion male x dark haired, dark eyed Asian female is unlikely to have a child of true Asian looks but with blond hair and blue eyes. The child will either look like an actual mix, or either quite Asian or Caucasion, but not like a "BLEND". Am I making any sense with this metaphor? :D

I have to agree with Hidr. As much as i would to find a little gem, i don't know where I would put it. I started looking in the feeder tank while waiting for someone at the LFS and had to stop just in case I saw someone special.

Very true. These tanks are full of little gems and I often see such gorgeous fish. I have even seen a wakin once but decided against taking it home. With the willow though, I just couldn't resist. :)

He's SO cute, Fang! I love that he ended up in a feeder tank, doomed to be food for who knows what, and is now livin' large with a super-capable keeper. Now THAT'S a happy ending!

Thanks so much! He sure is happy, although a very nervous little guy. Compared to the horribly crammed, dirty feeder tank (this store keeps feeder goldfish and minnows together with baby common plecos and even young koi..... all in a 25-30 gallon tank. You can only guess at the conditions :( ), his filtered QT with live plants, being fed repashy and blood worms, must feel like paradise. :heart

Also, those are surely the most interesting 38 Cent I ever invested :lol

OMG, I WANT him!!!, LoL...

I really really really really am hoping some (or at least 1 or 2) of my Fry come out 'different' looking like this lovely Fishie :)

OMG, I WANT him!!!, LoL...

I really really really really am hoping some (or at least 1 or 2) of my Fry come out 'different' looking like this lovely Fishie :)

How old are they now? They are about two months, right? So you should already start to see if you have any or not. Considered that if at all, only a small part of your fry has the shubunkin as father, I would honestly not be too hopeful. BUT you may have some regular (round bodied) single tailed telescopes. THAT would be cool too :)

Hay OYF

Yeah they are 8-9 week now, just put on updated pics, I took yesterday. It'd be good to get anything that looks kinda 'Odd ball/different really, LoL ;)

Your new little guy really is very cool though!! <3

I am with Hidr, It wouldn't do me any good to look, I would want them all and I am at my limit..........I will just enjoy the wonderful pics of the gems everyone else finds.............. :clapping:

Very true! So often I see some really cute or pretty guys in the feeder tank. A while ago I saw the most gorgeous common, mostly white but with the most interesting red markings. :)