AquaClear 70!

Moor

Hello everyone, I'm back! I've been out of the forums for a while now but I just got an AquaClear 70 for my birthday and I'm glad to be back, although..

I've got a question.

Since the AC70 is a HOB I can either push it so that it is right up against the back of the tank ORRRRR I can pull it back so that it is as far back as it can go, the problem with pushing it up is that there is a chance it will fall back while I'm not there and could be left at an angle for quite some time before I realize HOWEVER if I pull it back, the only thing keeping the filter level is a tiny piece of black plastic that comes with the filter.

This IS very confusing I know so here are some pictures.

This is the filter pushed back (red line shows the space between the tank and filter)

FilterSPace.jpg

This is the filter pushed up against the tank.

Filter.jpg

I know this is a very picky question, but that's how I am! So, which way should I leave it? What do you guys do?

Thank you SOO MUCH!

That little black piece should be used to level the filter against the tank so that the filter is level (if that makes sense), so you should position it in a way that the filter is level and not angled at all :)

I am aware of that, and both of the two shown above are leveled I was just wondering which way I should keep it. I am so sorry if that sound rude in any way :krazy:

i have the ac110 for about a month now and and i use the kickstand and it hasent fallen back or moved yet

I am aware of that, and both of the two shown above are leveled I was just wondering which way I should keep it. I am so sorry if that sound rude in any way :krazy:

Honestly, I don't think the second picture it is level. In my opinion I think it's level in the first picture. If it is leaned foward to much it won't properly filter your water and if its back to much then the water can possibly spill out of the filter get clogged. But in the first picture, it looks perfect :D! I have 2 myself on my 55 gallon and I know you will love that filter! I think they are the best HOB you can have.

Ah ok, I guess Ill leave it foward then, THANKS!

i have the ac110 for about a month now and and i use the kickstand and it hasent fallen back or moved yet

Oh so you leave it pushed up? Like in my second picture? Edited by Moor

Ah ok, I guess Ill leave it foward then, THANKS!

Oh so you leave it pushed up? Like in my second picture?

I don't know if you were able to understand what I typed lol. I'm a terrible explainer. But I would advise you leave it as it is in the first picture. It looks much more balance and even.

Oh, sorry I mis-read both of you! You're saying that the FIRST picture is the good one. One problem with that though, there's only one small piece of plastic thats keeping the filter level in the first picture, if that turns the filter will be completely off angle, almost 45 degrees off :(

Alright, I just measured the filter (pushed up) with one of those bubble thing's and its leveled. Sorry for being so picky, I'm probably annoying you guys.

Alright, I just measured the filter (pushed up) with one of those bubble thing's and its leveled. Sorry for being so picky, I'm probably annoying you guys.

Your not annoying us at all :). Ask away! And that piece won't turn unless you turn it. It will also stay in the filter if you don't touch it. Believe me you will be glad to keep it like it is in the first picture. You can see in the second picture that it is a little slanted foward. If its like that it doesn't filter properly. All I use are AC and I have never had a problem with the 3 years. (Clips never turned or came out)

i have always used the spacer thing to level out my aquaclears and it wont fall off the tank or anything. if that helps you at all :) i am running the same filter. i think i have the spacer to its fullest "bubble"

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place AHHHHH! Ok, I HONESTY want to leave it against the tank like in the second photo, does it really matter which way I leave it as long as it's level?

Which way do you guys leave it?

Ill try to make this the last question, don't want you guys losing your heads

i have always used the spacer thing to level out my aquaclears and it wont fall off the tank or anything. if that helps you at all :) i am running the same filter. i think i have the spacer to its fullest "bubble"

I kind of understand, although in the first picture the black piece isn't even on a bubble, it's just one black piece instead of two (if you get me)

Edited by Moor

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place AHHHHH! Ok, I HONESTY want to leave it against the tank like in the second photo, does it really matter which way I leave it as long as it's level?

Which way do you guys leave it?

Ill try to make this the last question, don't want you guys losing your heads

I kind of understand, although in the first picture the black piece isn't even on a bubble, it's just one black piece instead of two (if you get me)

I have left mine like in the first picture for 3 years now. And the clip hasn't come off or turned :)

How is the black piece set? If you could explain it, maybe a picture. :D

Nothing needed to explain. You have it set perfectly in the first photo :D!

Ah so you set your clip to just that singular long black one?

Yes and no, just need to set it so it is level with the tank. By what I meant is that it looked perfect when you had it like that in the first photo so I wanted you to put the filter like that with the long piece like the first picture. Let me explain this better xD. Mimic the first photo exactly. :).

Ok, Ill guess I'll leave it like the first photo then. although, if I manage to get the filter level while it is pushed up (like in the second picture) can i leave it like that?

Ok, Ill guess I'll leave it like the first photo then. although, if I manage to get the filter level while it is pushed up (like in the second picture) can i leave it like that?

Hmm. I dont really know, I would get another opinion if you wanted to keep it like that.

Edited by mikeydude319

It's not level the way it's set up as in the second picture. That's why there is that kickstand. :)

It's not level the way it's set up as in the second picture. That's why there is that kickstand. :)

If I measure it and it is level in the second one can I leave it like that? :D

Edited by Moor

If I measure it and it is level in the second one can I leave it like that? :D

It may measure level but it isn't. I would just leave it like it is in the first picture.