Can I put my snails in Main tank?

Mikey

Sunfish are a wild type of lake fish, and usually get to be about 6"-10" or so. You can usually find them the same places you find rock bass, bluegills, and crappies. They are similar to the bluegills and crappies. They usually need pretty large tanks, to be kept for a long time, as they do get fairly large, and are very heavy waste producers.

Okay :). But I will be releasing them so they aren't a problem :). (They can school with friends again) :D!

Pardon my ignorance, but what are 'sunny fish'?

Jaimie just explained it better the. I could ever have :).

You'd have to wait to do an invert tank, until the sunfish were released.

Appropriate stock levels for a 10 gallon invert tank would be right around your 2 mystery snails, 2 of the larger nerite snails, and right around 10 dwarf shrimp (like the cherry shrimp, snowflake shrimp, or bumble bee shrimp, etc)

Crawfish are usually recommended for 30 gallons minimum, and if you did get one that woud stay small enough, you would have ot really REALLY watch him to make sure he didn't harass and/or kill your snails.

I'll just get the shrimp maybe :). But my mom said in order to upgrade my tank, I would need to talk about it in the summer and take that tank down I will try and convince her tinker me keep it running though. What do shrimp eat? I have shrimp pellets I could throw in.

Shrimp eat shrimp pellets, algae wafers, blood worms, flake food- pretty much anything a fish will eat. They are super easy to care for, but need you to keep the water nice & clean, for them to thrive. Adding plants to the tank would help stay on top of that. :)

You'd have to wait to do an invert tank, until the sunfish were released.

Appropriate stock levels for a 10 gallon invert tank would be right around your 2 mystery snails, 2 of the larger nerite snails, and right around 10 dwarf shrimp (like the cherry shrimp, snowflake shrimp, or bumble bee shrimp, etc)

Crawfish are usually recommended for 30 gallons minimum, and if you did get one that woud stay small enough, you would have ot really REALLY watch him to make sure he didn't harass and/or kill your snails.

I'll just get the shrimp maybe :). But my mom said in order to upgrade my tank, I would need to talk about it in the summer and take that tank down I will try and convince her tinker me keep it running though. What do shrimp eat? I have shrimp pellets I could throw in.

Shrimp eat shrimp pellets, algae wafers, blood worms, flake food- pretty much anything a fish will eat. They are super easy to care for, but need you to keep the water nice & clean, for them to thrive. Adding plants to the tank would help stay on top of that. :)

Great! I will see what types my LFS can get in :). Now you made me very excited :D! I can't wait to do that set-up!

Oh! Sunfish! :rofl I wasn't exactly sure what you were talking about. Did you also know it is illegal in many states to keep native species? Please check your state laws before accepting lake-caught fish as pets.

I think an invert tank would look amazing. Remember to share lots of pics when it is set up!

Edited by ChelseaM

Oh! Sunfish! :rofl I wasn't exactly sure what you were talking about. Did you also know it is illegal in many states to keep native species? Please check your state laws before accepting lake-caught fish as pets.

I think an invert tank would look amazing. Remember to share lots of pics when it is set up!

I think it is okay to take them. Many people around here. So anyway it won't be illegal soon, they are going back to their home :).

I Mikey solemnly promise to take pictures of my invert tank when it's set-up :rofl2!!!!

Edited by mikeydude319