Roulette is pineconing

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supporter

ok, if you have your fish in a QT tank (sorry, i have been MIA and not read back yet) i recommend that you go ahead and use it. do not stop the Metronidazole gelfood. if members are happy to send you some MetroMeds and you receive it in good time, then accept the offer and once received, change treatment from Metronidazole gelfood to the MetroMeads. if not, continue with the Metronidazole gelfood as you have been doing.

either way, i would like you to use the Wormer Plus, provided your fish is in a QT tank.

Sorry, I only thought it contained metronidazole, and medigold contained more for other issues

Don't worry! I only found out the other day but I forgot exactly what was in them so wanted to double check with you guys first :)

Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much! :)

Don't forget to pm me your address. I think there's only enough for 5 days worth but my maths could be wrong :)

From what I calculated, 70 pellets should be enough for about 4 days . . . Will 4 days be better than none?

How difficult is it to get MMs to UK from USA? And how long does it take? :peeka

I'd just hate for her to get started on it, see improvement and then the MMs are gone before the infection is irradicated . . .

Thank you all SOOOOOOOOO much! Goodness where would we be without you all. ;)

Roulette has just eaten some lunch. :) I have added the wormer plus to her tank.

I'm scrubbing the main tank with all of my might, just in case. I've got the cleanest pipes in the U.K. right now! :lol

• Supporter

Rebecca.. we will all remain optimistic and help you through as much as we can. reality is, when a fish is relapsing under treatments, the primary source is still attacking and is very aggressive. there is a chance that your fish may not survive the attack, but we will keep trying.

here is a thread, posted, in the my "helen's corner" of the subscribers section for one of my giants Deianeira. it is a very long thread of pictures and relevant, detailed information. she was ill for 35 days and did not recover.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/96789-deianeira-pinecone-treatment-commenced-03012012/

No I understand helen, but I have to remain positive. I can't just give up on her.

I'm sorry about your fishy helen. :(

Hi, Becs. Definitely remain positive, and do not give up! :hug

Helen's post was actually after my coming to her and asking if we should at least indicate to you that while Roulette has a fighting chance, we'd be remiss if we somehow did not indicate that this is a difficult situation. However, there is absolutely no reason to give up, or to think negatively.

Huge improvement!!!!!! :) thanks for asking phil, this morning I thought she was a gonner for sure, but tonight she is a different fish. I have fed her lots of small meals throughout the day and she has eaten every tiny piece of food I have offered her. She is active and swimmy. I hope this is the start of her recovery.

Great news!!! :carrot: :carrot:

I'll go up the wooden hill to Nod tonight a happy man......I'm so glad for you, you deserve some luck with the little guy!! :thumb:

• Supporter

good news Rebecca.. do you think it's the addition of Wormer Plus that has turned things around?

fish are known to tolerate parasites differently. some can live with certain parasites without any problems for a long time before an outbreak actually happens.