Roulette is pineconing

Thanks GT! :)

Thanks Phil :)

You really wouldn't know that there was anything wrong with her, she's being very fishy today. :rofl

I'm giving her small meals throughout the day and the only thing I can say is that she is slow at eating, but she's on her own in this tank so there is no competition for food. She can take her time, so long as she is eating i'm happy. :)

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Becs, the white spot doesn't appear to be something that warrants concern. The one side does look a bit extended still, but overall she looks pretty good.

What happened to her dorsal fin?

Hi Alex, thank you for checking in on us! ;)

Good to know about the spot. :)

The dorsal, I seem to think that it developed a thickness to it following my round of salt dips, 6 months ago. I remember waking up one morning to find Roulette had developed a thick greenish line in her dorsal. It has eventually broken down and caused the split that you can see in the video.

Becs, check with others on this but maybe Metromeds would work better? I have some left over, not many but they have been kept well and might give him a little boost. How much does he weigh? It might only be enough for a few days worth but it might be better than nothing? I don't know.

Fins crossed and don't give up hope. Googles had horrendous dropsy and he got through it. Keep fighting! Thinking of you both x

You're welcome, just wish i had more to give you. I'll count the pellets and see how many days they would last you. Do you think he would manage to eat them?

I remember having to mush mine up with some garlic powder and syringe it down his throat so he wouldn't spit it out. It was an awful time but it worked!!

I'm not sure, since metromeds are not available to me, but I would have thought that the homemade metro food and metromeds would have the same concentration to be equally as effective. All I know is that they have the same active ingredient, and the dosage for feeding in relation to the fish's weight is the same, so I would assume, on that part, that they have the same metro concentration in them :idont

edit:sorry, I read your comment saying if it contains more metronidazole...

Edited by Narny105

• Supporter

Metromeds and home made metro food has the same active ingredient (metronidazole) so unfortunately it wouldn't make a difference

yes, it contains Metronidazole and 2 other ingredients.. so it can make a difference.

But doesn't metromeds contain more than metronidazole?

yes, you are correct, MetroMeds is made from: Metronidazole, Romet B and Oxytetracyline

these 3 ingredients combined do make a difference, depending on what is affecting the fish. without microscope, it's difficult to tell, however, having a med like this on hand, replacing Metronidazole mixed in with gelfood would be first in favour.

i am still recommending adding Prazi to the treatment plan.