Roulette is pineconing

As long as the tank is between 72-78, she will be fine. I usually prefer for the meds to take effects for a few days before cranking up the temp to 78, simply because bacteria divides faster at the higher temp, and I'd like for the fish to be well into the medication before I raise the temp. However, I think it's fine if it's already at 78. :)

Is there a medicated gel food recipe that is preferred Alex? I've done a little searching but didn't find anything recent . . . I'm at work and don't have a lot of time to keep looking.

Just thought Becs might like a link or have the recipe ready to go? :idont

LOL. Actually, any recipe is fine, as long as they are the traditional ones using either agar or gelatin. The idea is that I would like for the food to be made and then have a slow gelling time. The Repashy gels way too quickly.

I think Becs has her own gel food recipes, and that should be fine. There is also a link in my sig for the floater recipes. Anyone of those such as mine, tithra's, Helen's, and Fang's should be fine. :)

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. Actually, any recipe is fine, as long as they are the traditional ones using either agar or gelatin. The idea is that I would like for the food to be made and then have a slow gelling time. The Repashy gels way too quickly.

I think Becs has her own gel food recipes, and that should be fine. There is also a link in my sig for the floater recipes. Anyone of those such as mine, tithra's, Helen's, and Fang's should be fine. :)

Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't sure if there was a preferred recipe for medications. :D

Good luck with treatment. Sounds like you were right on top of it. :nana

Edited by fantailfan1

I'm so happy that she has flattened. I don't think that it's just a matter of being backed up. Epsom does have some antimicrobial properties as well. :)

Go ahead and go with the metro-food also, if you haven't started already. :)

Thanks Alex, I started metro repashy yesterday, i'm making new gel food today and i'll continue to feed that for two weeks. ;) Roulette looks even better this morning. :) The heater is a bit wonky, i'm trying to get the desired temperature but it's a bit trial and error.

New batch of gel food made, just waiting for it to set.

As the filter in my qt is so pathetic, im doing 80/90% daily water changes, so im guessing how much epsom I should put back in. Is this o.k.?

Roulette looks like a completely different fish today. She is much happier and swimmy. :gfish:

Edited by U.K. Becs

If you want to, you can ditch the filter completely, and just do daily full water changes matching temp and pH. That way you won't be guessing with the epsom. Just make sure the tank is well aerated.

Really glad to hear she is getting better!

She really likes swimming through the bubbles it makes, so I'm a bit reluctant to ditch the filter completely.

I only have one air pump wich runs two big bubble discs in the main tank.

Mabe I can do 100% daily water changes and keep the filter?

Yep you can change as much as necessary, I just assumed the filter was proving a pain :) The full changes won't do anything but benefit her, however it's really your choice whether you want to stick with daily 80% changes or go for full ones.

With the epsom, if you want to do 80% changes, divide the dose into quarters, and dose three quarters of it

:D Thanks for all your support guys, it means a lot to me.

I'm going to try to get a video up of her later. She's doing really well but I'd like some advice about her dorsal split and I'm now questioning her wen. I don't know if it's normal wen growth or something else.

Here's a video of Roulette, I think her scales ar slightly raised on the right side of her body, but it's hard to tell. I just wanted you to see the white spot in the middle of her forehead. Is that normal wen growth? It's bigger than the pimples she's had before. I also wanted you to see the split in her dorsal.

Thanks for looking. :)

Absolutely no expert here but her wen spot doesn't look any different from the kind that come and go on Newton. At least with Newton, the big ones never last more than 2 days.

I can't comment on her scales or fins. She does seem a bit swollen on that one side.